Major League Baseball Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Major League Baseball receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Major League Baseball can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
MLB Advanced Media
New York City’s largest born-and-bred tech startup, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is a full service solutions provider delivering world-class digital experiences for more than 16 years and distributing content through all forms of interactive media. Its digital leadership and capabilities are a direct result of an appreciation for designing dynamic functionality for web, mobile applications, and connected devices while integrating live and on-demand multimedia, providing valuable products for millions of fans around the globe. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat.
Baseball Office of the Commissioner
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic professional sports league in the United States and consists of 30 member clubs in the U.S. and Canada, representing the highest level of professional baseball. Major League Baseball is the best-attended sport in North America, and since 2004, MLB has enjoyed its best-attended seasons in the history of the game, with each regular season eclipsing the 73 million mark. Now led by Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr., MLB currently features record levels of labor peace, competitive balance and industry revenues, as well as the most comprehensive drug-testing program in American professional sports. MLB remains committed to making an impact in the communities of the U.S., Canada and throughout the world, perpetuating the sport’s larger role in society and permeating every facet of baseball’s business, marketing and community relations endeavors. With the continued success of MLB Advanced Media and MLB Network, MLB continues to find innovative ways for its fans to enjoy America’s National Pastime and a truly global game.
MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans, featuring the multiple Emmy Award-winning MLB Tonight, live regular season and Postseason game telecasts, original programming, highlights, and insights and analysis. MLB Network debuted on January 1, 2009 in a record-setting 50 million homes, is currently distributed by more than 250 distributors in the U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Latin America, and is available for live, authenticated streaming via MLB.com At Bat and MLBNetwork.com. For more information and to find MLB Network in your area, go to www.MLBNetwork.com.
Major League Baseball Job Opportunities & Application Process
Major League Baseball receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Major League Baseball, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Coordinator, Marketing & Promotions is responsible for coordinating, tracking, and providing efficiencies to projects undertaken by the Marketing & Promotions team including promo efforts for the MLB Network and NHL Network, sales requests, MLB and NHL corporate requests, and other such duties.
- Create and update project production calendars.
- Track status/progression of projects from assignment through delivery and final archive.
- Collate and circulate as necessary all documents needed for project meetings/calls with relevant parties including internal and external clients.
- Participate in daily edit meetings to monitor and communicate progress of various projects.
- Interface with edit scheduler to increase edit room efficiency and identify opportunities to maximize open time.
- Work in conjunction with Production Manager to ensure that budgets, crew hiring, club and vendor communications are in line with project timetables.
- Interface with planning and scheduling manager to ensure that deliverables lists are accurate and up to date.
- Reconcile budgets with Production Manager, Finance, and department manager
- Assists others in the department as needed.
- Other such duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- 2-4 years’ experience in Broadcasting/Marketing/Promotions.
- Television, Sports, Production, Entertainment, or Communications background helpful.
- Baseball and hockey knowledge is highly preferred.
- Possess strong computer skills: must be proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills, project coordination skills, and extreme attention to detail.
- Must possess a general interest and knowledge of the landscape of sports marketing as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and respond to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Ability to complete assigned content in a fast paced, deadline heavy, high pressure live environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to climb stairs, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively while exposed to varying and unpredictable weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Possess the visual acuity needed to effectively create required work product.
- Possess the auditory acuity needed to effectively create required work product.
Work Facts of Major League Baseball
Major League Baseball Working Hours
- Project Coordinator, Supervisor, Service Desk Analyst, System Administrator, Art Manager, Graphic Designer, Mixed Media Editor
Major League Baseball Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Major League Baseball to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Major League Baseball Jobs: Official Site.