Los Angeles Zoo Job Application Online
Los Angeles Zoo wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at Los Angeles Zoo can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at Los Angeles Zoo. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a Los Angeles Zoo job.
The Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens is a 133-acre (54 ha) zoo founded in 1966 and located in Los Angeles, California. The city of Los Angeles owns the entire zoo, its land and facilities, and the animals. Animal care, grounds maintenance, construction, education, public information, and administrative staff are city employees.
Los Angeles Zoo Job Opportunities & Application Process
Los Angeles Zoo is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
Work Facts of Los Angeles Zoo
Los Angeles Zoo Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Sales Associate, Ticket Sales Agent, Guest Service Representative, Maintenance Technician, Groundskeeper, Food and Beverages Associate, Assistant Curator, Curator, Animal Keeper, Animal Trainer
The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens annual sales plans and strategies, positioning the Zoo as a leader in the regional marketplace. The Sales Manager will ensure plans align with marketing initiatives while driving sales growth and revenue in the corporate, group, travel/tourism segments. The Sales Manager should have strong relationships and an in-depth knowledge of the Los Angeles cultural and entertainment market. The Sales Manager will report to the VP, Marketing and Communications.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual sales and marketing plan including budgets, strategies, pricing and action plans to reach sales and revenue goals
- Research, identify, develop sales leads for new key accounts while maintaining strong relationships with existing accounts.
- Partner and network with travel industry organizations such as DMOs, attractions, hotels, local tour operators, schools/universities, cruise lines, etc. to generate leads
- Conduct sales calls and presentations to Military, AAA, Domestic and International travel markets as well as industry partners
- Prospect and develop new business by attending regional trade shows, travel missions, community events and industry meetings
- Responsible for pricing decisions, yield optimization, and management of the corporate and travel industry sales segments
- Monitor market conditions, emerging products and competitor activity, and adjust sales approach and event programs to address changing market dynamics
- Analyze and prepare weekly sales and financial performance reports monitoring admissions and revenue against targets for stakeholders, with initiatives and recommendations
- Develop an annual promotional marketing plan to drive traffic during key time periods
- Cultivate and engage promotional marketing partners
- Administer and manage group travel bookings and inquiries
- Host FAM visits, organizing experiences to highlight the unique qualities of the Zoo destination
- Effectively manage and resolve customer service inquiries
- Coordinate with various internal departments including membership, special events and guest services to develop/implement the overall tourism marketing and sales strategy
- Manage the creation and distribution of sales and promotional collateral to support outreach to specific target audiences
- Manage bulk barcodes and prepaid ticket sales programs
- Evaluate and recommend online solution for concierge and corporate ticket sales
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Sales Manager must be highly organized, outgoing, collaborative, strategic, and independent. A self-starter who is able to multi-task within a busy work environment, must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), proven success in selling to specific target audiences, and strong relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a marketing and sales role. Previous experience in travel/tourism account sales for a destination or attraction required
- In-depth knowledge of the Los Angeles cultural and entertainment market
- Track record of successful sales and business-building
- Demonstrable history of achieving or exceeding professional goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, verbal and presentation format, and build and maintain relationships
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with negotiating, updating and reviewing contracts
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and ensure timely action
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work within a very fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Knowledge of online group sales solutions
- Experience with selling into travel/corporate sales channels
- Excellent computer skills. Above average aptitude with Office suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com
- Strong project management and organizational skills, creative thinker with a passion for developing relationships
- Willingness to work as a team member, including supporting events execution, working evenings, holidays and weekends and all GLAZA galas
- Must possess a valid Class C driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and appropriate insurance
- Ability to travel locally as needed; demonstrated ability to move around Zoo grounds on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to remain in a stationary position and work extensively on computers and telephones
GLAZA is hiring friendly, persuasive people to work year-round, part-time customer service and sales positions. Membership Ambassadors earn an hourly wage, plus additional pay incentives based on their sales volume.
Under the direction of the Membership On-Site Sales Supervisor, Membership Ambassadors sell memberships and provide service to the public and members at the front entrance Membership Booth, as well as other locations within the Zoo.
- Actively works to sell memberships to Zoo visitors
- Provides quality customer service to members
- Assists prospective members with the selection and purchase of GLAZA memberships
- Uses sales techniques to upgrade membership levels
- Answers questions on the telephone and in person regarding memberships, lost cards, renewals, general Zoo information and complaints. Completes appropriate paperwork for changes to the member/donor database
- Provides quick and accurate information to the public
- Staffs members’ express entrance at the Zoo’s front gate. Responsibility includes matching member card with photo identification
- Assists with the on-site distribution of membership marketing materials
- Staffs member events
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- A minimum of a high school diploma, plus experience in sales and/or customer service
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to the public in a friendly, helpful and professional manner in a variety of circumstances
- Demonstrated skills in listening perceptively, conveying sensitivity and awareness to members and prospective members
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and thoughtful when handling guest and member complaints
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle routine administrative projects with consistency and accuracy
- Ability to process cash, checks and credit card receipts accurately and with integrity
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information given by members
- Integrity and high standards of professional conduct
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to remain in a stationary position and focus on a computer screen for extended periods
- Ability to meet and greet the public on varying terrains, such as surfaces with inclines, and to maneuver on paved and unpaved surfaces in different climatic situations
- Demonstrated ability to routinely move around Zoo grounds
- Demonstrated ability to lift twenty-five pounds using proper safety techniques
- General computer literacy and knowledge of various software programs including word processing and database
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and evening events as required. Ability to regularly work twelve to nineteen hours per week. Ability to work all GLAZA galas
Data Processing Clerk 2
Under the supervision of the Senior Database Analyst, enters cash receipts/batches into member/donor software and reconciles cash with reports.
- Responsible for entering membership/donations from direct mail campaigns, website transactions, telemarketing charges, on-site membership sales and renewal mail into the Raiser’s Edge Database.
- Verifies cash, checks and charges are balanced before posting and prints reports.
- In response to mail, returned mail, or requests from Development/Membership, makes name, address and email changes, additions, corrections and coding changes to member/donor records.
- Verifies database information and performs cleanup as needed.
- Prepares work for and trains volunteer help when needed, only as requested by supervisor.
- Upon request, initializes processing/batching of all membership cash receipts, including maintenance of batch tracking log.
- Upon request, processes credit card charges and enters data in member/donor software.
- Supports the Membership Department as it pertains to Database operations.
- Reconciles the Volunteer Database with Raiser’s Edge on a regular basis.
- Imports data from external data sources into the Raiser’s Edge database on a regular basis, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- A minimum of a high school diploma plus two years of data entry experience.
- Knowledge of basic database management principles to enable error identification, tracking of redirected funds and maintenance of system integrity. Experience with Raiser’s Edge Database preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile computer-generated reports with cash, check, and charge data in order to make deposits to cashroom and locate data entry errors.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal procedures, guidelines and instructions.
- Must be able to enter and process four new member batches (approximately 25 records in each batch) within one workday with complete accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 10 key by touch with accuracy, and to type accurately at a minimum rate of 45 words per minute.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative productive working relationships with Zoo staff, GLAZA staff and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to remain in a stationary position in a cubicle office environment for extended periods during the day.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on computer screen for extended periods during the day.
- Required to work all GLAZA galas.
Team Member: Team members will be equipped to respond to many types of questions from guests, including those about exhibits, amenities and directions. Ambassadors will also be trained and equipped to handle a range of visitor comments and inquiries, both positive and negative in nature.
Team Members will have an opportunity to reach thousands of Zoo attendees each day, helping them have a memorable and meaningful day at the L.A. Zoo and assisting in our efforts to share a positive message about zoos and their role in conservation and the well-being of our planet.
Director: The Director will take a strategic and comprehensive approach to corporate partnerships at the L.A. Zoo in order to lead a program that provides optimal revenue and creates positive awareness about the organization and its mission, with the goal of doubling sponsorship revenue over a 2-3 year period. The Director will assess the structure and results from the current program and recommend strategies for short- and long-term growth during an important time for the L.A. Zoo as it embarks on a significant multi-year capital renovation.
The Director will have the opportunity to shape the direction of corporate participation at the L.A. Zoo and to introduce new initiatives, including corporate social responsibility and environmental stewardship platforms. He/she will represent GLAZA and the Zoo in the business community and serve as the senior point of contact internally for all matters relating to corporate partnerships. He/she will also have responsibility for enhancing the visitor experience through the participation of engaging corporate partners.
Los Angeles Zoo Printable Application Form
You can download Los Angeles Zoo printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Los Angeles Zoo Jobs: visit Official Site.