Lone Star College Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Lone Star College receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Lone Star College can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Lone Star College Seeks Multiple Full-Time Faculty
Lone Star College is currently hiring full-time faculty to meet our growing student population and anticipates 500 NEW full-time faculty positions being added over the next seven years. The LSC Board of Trustees is committed to hiring 500 new full-time faculty who believe in the community college mission, care about students and have a passion for making a difference in the lives of our community. Click to apply now!
Attention Job Seekers
To apply for positions currently posted, please complete an online application in our system. You will be given the opportunity to upload one resume to your application, and you may combine multiple documents (resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts/certifications) into your application before submitting. After you create your basic application, you may attach additional documents to your applicant profile by logging in to your Careers home page.
Lone Star College Job Opportunities & Application Process
Lone Star College receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Lone Star College , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-North Harris
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-North Harris, nestled on 200 acres of piney woods, is the original and largest college in the Lone Star College System family. Serving the community for more than three decades, LSC-North Harris offers more than 60 programs of study, including university-transfer and numerous education courses and programs. LSC-North Harris is keenly focused on leading-edge technology in emerging technical job fields.
Campus address is 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive. Houston, Texas 77073-3499
Under limited supervision and on own initiative, position performs standard and some advanced administrative duties for an Executive Director, Vice President, Associate Vice Chancellor or General Counsel, and on own initiative, resolves problems from multiple individuals and customers. Will handle sensitive or confidential records.
- Operates a variety of office equipment and utilizes one or more standard business software packages at a superior level in performance of job functions (focus on Microsoft Office Suite)
- Creates and monitors a variety of reports. Collects and compiles data from several sources of information and performs a variety of calculations
- Responds to routine correspondence under own signature or drafts response for manager’s review on more complex correspondence. Follows up on items delegated by superiors to others
- Sorts and prioritizes incoming mail, highlighting action or important items, attaching relevant files or information for manager’s review
- Reviews, revises and updates office procedures as necessary to ensure efficient office workflow
- Maintains office supplies and departmental equipment (may include cash or negotiable instruments)
- Screens calls for managers and responds to routine questions. Regularly gathers routine oral information from (or makes oral requests of) other administrative, maintenance or clerical employees and/or outside vendors, customers or the public
- Schedules appointments and keeps calendar. May schedule group meetings as directed. Makes complex travel arrangements
- Assembles materials for budget preparation and assists in budget monitoring
- Coordinates with internal and external executive-level staff to accomplish moderately complex activities, such as scheduling, identifying outside speakers and developing agendas or recreational programs for non-local group meetings or events. This may also include conducting research and
compiling information for quarterly or annual reports and departmental projects or company task forces where information must be gathered and compiled from a variety of sources
- May update and maintain department website
- May select/train clerical staff, coordinate and supervise their work
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software for word processing, spread sheets and database management. Specific software experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
- College level oral and written communication skills are essential
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and works with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use software products
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document and track expenses
Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Duration of Job Posting:
Posted until filled
- High school diploma and at least 5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Power Point and Excel
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
- Specialization relevant to the position
- Experience with computer management systems
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated soft skills necessary for office management
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
Work Facts of Lone Star College
Lone Star College Working Hours
- Part-Time Proctor, Faculty-Professional Pilot, Administrative Assistant, Adjunct Faculty, Administrative Assistant, Client Technologies Technician
Lone Star College Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Lone Star College to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Lone Star College Jobs: Official Site.