LIRR Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, LIRR receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at LIRR can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The Long Island Rail Road, legally known as the Long Island Rail Road Company and often abbreviated as the LIRR, is a commuter rail system in the southeastern part of the U.S. stateof New York, stretching from Manhattan to the eastern tip of Suffolk County on Long Island. With an average weekday ridership of 354,800 passengers in 2016, it is the busiest commuter railroad in North America.
LIRR Job Opportunities & Application Process
LIRR receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in LIRR, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 82 million customers annually, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe commute, great service to its customers and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
Associate Staff Analyst
Under the supervision of the Manager, Contracts or Procurement, the incumbent is responsible for a broad range of procurement activities related to the planning, development, and report generation to support the MTA Bus Company’s operating and capital requirements.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to the agency departments in the preparation of documents for the initiation of procurement actions
- Review technical specifications and scopes of work with agency departments.
- Develop formal and informal bid documents.
- Develop contract documents for solicitation including cost and price schedules, contract terms and conditions, and evaluation criteria, using the Information for Bidders (IFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Request for
- Quotes (RFQ) processes. Review and analyze proposals, review vendor qualifications and related work.
- Serve as liaison to other departments, vendors and agencies.
- Maintain status reports to track the contract process from initiation through award.
- Perform special projects as required.
LIRR Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest LIRR to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of LIRR
LIRR Working Hours
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Open Positions: Associate Staff Analyst, Mechanical Foreman
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply LIRR Jobs: Official Site.