Jewel Osco Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Jewel Osco receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Jewel Osco can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Open Positions: Cashier, Customer Service Representative, Deli Clerk, Produce Clerk, Meat Clerk, Meat Cutter, Floral Clerk, Seafood Clerk, Bakery Clerk, Cake Decorator, Bakery Donut Fryer, Frozen Food Clerk, Stock Associate, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacist, Maintenance Supervisor, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Business Analyst, Customer Satisfaction Analyst, Human Resources Project Manager Specialist, Loss Prevention Specialist, Marketing and Merchandising Analyst.
Today, Jewel-Osco operates 187 stores throughout the Chicagoland area, Indiana and Iowa, which is part of a 2,200+ store operation that employs approximately 265,000 people nationwide.
Jewel Osco Job Opportunities & Application Process
Jewel Osco receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Jewel Osco, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Operates a cash register and all the duties which correspond to this activity.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
• Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
• Assists customers by: (examples include)
o escorting them to the products they’re looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
• Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
• Operates cash register accurately and scans all products.
• Redeems promotional coupons, WIC checks and rain checks; receives cash, checks, and EBT/EFT transactions; counts back change, issues receipts and Catalina coupons.
• Changes register tape and ribbons as necessary.
• Places merchandise in bags and or cart in a neat, organized fashion.
• Assists courtesy clerks as needed.
• Answers customer questions and concerns and follows-up with appropriate personnel.
• Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco and liquor.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and EBT (Link).
• Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.
Exemplifies strong customer service in all aspects of the job. Merchandise drug and general merchandise products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Performs receiving, store, pricing, stocking and merchandising duties.
- Builds effective promotional displays and endcaps.
- Assists the Drug/General Merchandise Department Manager with ordering, sales and merchandising functions.
- Rotates products in compliance with Company code dating policies. Faces products and keeps shelves clean. Prevents shrink and sale of out of code products.
- Responsible for performing all job duties accurately, safely and with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age. Must obtain a food handlers card if required in that jurisdiction.
- Requires good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to show tact and courtesy, and maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to frequently lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 40 lbs. Ability to push, pull and maneuver carts. Ability to stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time and bend, stoop, and reach frequently.
- Ability to learn product types, location and company policies. Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe completion of work activities.
- May stand for long periods of time.
- May use calculators, telephone, knives, scales and other bakery equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
Jewel Osco Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Jewel Osco to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Jewel Osco Jobs: visit Official Site