Housing Works Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Housing Works receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Housing Works can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Through our advocacy offices in New York City, Albany, Washington D.C., Mississippi, Haiti and Puerto Rico, Housing Works fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention information and other life-sustaining services, as well as legal protections from stigma and discrimination. We are a grassroots organization committed to the use of non-violent civil disobedience in order to further our mission.
Housing Works Job Opportunities & Application Process
Housing Works receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Housing Works, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Inventory Assistant: Supports Online Sales and Bookstore operations by receiving and processing donations and outgoing shipments
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Donations Shipping and Receiving:
- Receive boxes of donations in a warehouse setting, using a hand-truck and freight elevator.
- Keep all donations and inventory-related supplies in the correct location and tidy.
- Take inventory of store, online sales, and wholesale needs and sort donations accordingly.
- Sort donations for store, online, and wholesale purposes. Move sorted donations using hand-truck.
- Prepare and move large shipments. Working with USPS, UPS and FedEx.
- Supervise Online Sales volunteers, with a focus on tasks associated with donations processing, primarily pre-screening books and sorting donations, as well as helping with order fulfillment.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for volunteers, trainees and interns.
- Participate in direct actions aimed at ending the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- Know the Housing Works’ Mission Statement and goals and be able to inform and discuss with customers, volunteers, and donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sales Associate: The Sales Associate works to provide first-rate customer and donor services, maximizing sales and to support the daily operations of the store.
Customer Service and Sales
- To understand and fully implement Housing Works’ customer service program which includes:
- The 10/4 Greeting
- The 4 Steps to Great Customer Service
- And the 5 Steps to Handling Customer Complaints
- Showcase exemplary customer/donor service, including but not limited to greeting, saying thank you, and explaining policies clearly and politely to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Prioritize assisting customers over all other store tasks.
- To be able to service multiple customers at one time with courtesy and sincerity.
- To employ suggestive selling techniques to better meet the customer’s needs.
- Know the daily sales goals and upcoming events or promotions.
- Actively promote upcoming events, sales, promotions and Housing Works mission at all stations and at all times.
- Assist with marketing store in neighborhood, especially during upcoming events.
- Cultivate relationships with repeat customers in order to serve them better.
- Preserve positive work-atmosphere by communicating with coworkers, volunteers, supervisors and customers/donors cordially and effectively.
Events Assistant: The events assistant is an integral part of Housing Works Bookstore Cafe’s two-person events team. The assistant works with the Director of Public Programming in coordinating and executing approximately 100 public events annually (an average of 2 to 3 per week), including literary, comedy, storytelling, and music events. The ideal candidate has some events experience, basic A/V skills, is social-media savvy, confident working with all kinds of people, a passion for health justice and advocacy, and a strong engagement with any or all aspects of contemporary arts and culture.
Work Facts of Housing Works
Housing Works Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Rent Increase Specialist, Sales Associate, Program Associate, Housing Specialist
Housing Works Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Housing Works to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Housing Works Jobs: visit Official Site.