Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an educational and trade publisher in the United States. Headquartered in Boston’s Financial District, it publishes textbooks, instructional technology materials, assessments, reference works, and fiction and non-fiction for both young readers and adults. The company was formerly known as Houghton Mifflin Company but changed its name following the 2007 acquisition of Harcourt Publishing. Prior to March 2010, it was a subsidiary of Education Media and Publishing Group Limited, an Irish-owned holding company registered in the Cayman Islands and formerly known as Riverdeep.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Job Opportunities & Application Process
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Associate Account Executive: The Associate AEs report to the Director of Sales, directing them on the collaboration with partner Field-Based Account Executive(s) and/or Independent Representatives. Objectives of the Associate AE Position are to develop, execute, and revise quarterly and yearly Sales Plans specific to their assigned states/region/area in order to meet individual and team sales goals. They promote the selling, assist with proposal development, project planning and execution of sales strategy including HMH Professional Development and Professional Services proposals for the Adjacent Markets division. Associate AEs will effectively interact with all levels of customer accounts, from site Principals to business professionals, in order to develop lasting relationships that result in solution oriented sales.
- Develop and maintain strategic plan for territory with Director of Sales
- Update Salesforce.com regularly, complete Pipeline management for assigned territory
- Product knowledge of each curriculum area developed and maintained using LMS and Sales Hub resources
- Strategically plan sales calls by outlining objectives and action steps
- Use voicemail and email appropriately
- Generate new client opportunities through established and emerging lead source channels (e.g., HMH Inside Sales team, conferences, webinars, website, current clients, publication orders, RFPs, trade shows, etc.) and bring those opportunities to a successful close
- Collaborate with Field-Based Account Executive(s) and/or Independent Representatives to drive sales to exceed territory sales quota by prioritizing accounts and activities
- Capable of providing detailed product aligned answers while developing professional credibility and trust with customer
Conduct presentations and product training sessions
Inside Sales Account Executive: Through effective relationships, the Inside Account Executive is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for their assigned territory and collaboratively working with Field Account Executives to achieve overall team quota.
- Proactive collaboration with Field Sales Account Executive to develop and implement joint territory plan. Works with Field Team to effectively integrate Inside Sales campaigns and strategies to drive success in territory.
- Develops account strategies and territory plans that address customer needs and issues while meeting assigned quotas; targets and prioritizes accounts and activities; analyzes competitors’ activities and adjusts appropriately; Utilizes all resources effectively.
- Strategically plans sales calls by outlining objectives and action steps.
- Reads the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that information to sales management
- Demonstrates knowledge of account history, the processes and procedures specific to each district, and the key issues for each account.
- Responds to customers requests and problems with appropriate timeliness and concern; Develops professional credibility and trust with the customer;
- Provides timely and complete information needed for consultants and inside resources to perform effectively in the territory; Uses voicemail and email appropriately; Updates Salesforce.com regularly.
- Knowledge of each curriculum area to converse comfortably with customers and understand their needs; effectively communicates the major features, advantages, and benefits of each product;
- Displays a thorough knowledge of state and local adoption timelines in order to be at the right place at the right time.
- Effectively manages sample budget.
Work Facts of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Inside Sales Account Executive, Associate Account Executive
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Jobs: Official Site.