Homebase Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Homebase receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Homebase can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Homebase is a British home improvement retailer and garden centre, with stores across the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Founded by Sainsbury’s and GB-Inno-BM in 1979, the company was owned by Home Retail Group from October 2006, until it was sold to the Australian conglomerate Wesfarmers in February 2016 which ended in disaster, Hilco took over in 2018 and purchased the company for £1. The sale was completed on 11 June 2018. The 24 stores rebranded as Bunnings reverted to the Homebase brand soon after. Homebase recorded sales figures of £1.49 billion for the financial year of 2013 to 2014. Homebase made an operating profit of £18.9 million for the year 2013 to 2014. On 14 August 2018, Hilco announced that it would close 42 stores, and cut 1,500 jobs.
Homebase Job Opportunities & Application Process
Homebase receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Homebase, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
If you’re successful and join us, your role will be varied as you will;
Plan your delivery routes from various stores within a specific area;
Load and unload the delivery van;
Deliver a vast array of products from our stores to the customers’ home;
In order to succeed in this role, you need:
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Minimum of 12 months driving experience;
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Problem-solving ability;
- Urgency and pace
We’re always looking for great people to join our team, and whether you’re helping a customer to spruce up their garden, mixing a new colour for their bedroom or serving with a smile at the till there will always be something to keep you busy. And we can offer a range of contracts. You’ll need to be flexible to support our busiest times, which can include weekday, evening and weekend work, as well as public holidays.
What will you be doing?
• Offering help to make sure our customers have a great experience
• Helping our stores to stay full, clean and tidy
What will help you succeed?
• A can-do personality to engage with customers and the ability to demonstrate true service skills
• Eager to support and contribute to the wider team
• Great communication skills
• Work with energy, pace and passion
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills
• Previous retail experience is preferred, but not essential. What’s more important to us is that you’re passionate about home improvement, gardens, DIY and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
Kitchen CAD Advisor
As a designer working within our Kitchen & Bathroom Team, you will play a crucial role in creating a unique experience for our customers, providing full guidance and advice on the process from beginning to end. You will maximise service opportunities by providing comprehensive design and planning services. In this position, your goal will be to support the customer’s design specification, making appropriate suggestions, either in-store or from home visits, if required.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering great service in a retail environment. As a team player you will have excellent communication skills, be passionate and enthusiastic about our products, Knowledge of CAD packages would be beneficial, but is not essential, as full training will be given.
So if you’re motivated by putting a smile on a customer’s face and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, Homebase could be the place for you.
Internal Communications Officer
To support the Head of Corporate Affairs with the development and implementation of the internal communications plan. You will deliver effective communications that drive team member engagement and help find new and innovative ways to communicate. You will also need to work with other teams across the business to ensures consistency of messages and champion our ‘team first’ approach. The Internal Communications Officer will also be responsible for developing content, activating campaigns and delivering internal events.
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with the Head of Corporate Affairs to deliver strategic communications and engagement projects to improve team member engagement and advocacy.
- Effectively use established communication channels and identify new ways to communicate effectively.
- Implement communication campaigns that drive engagement and support the overall business objectives.
- Manage day to day team member communications and ensure a consistent and timely approach.
- Create internal communication content such as team member newsletters and strategic business updates and ensure alignment with external messaging.
- Plan activities and lead on events.
- Build key relationships across all areas of the business.
- Liaise and manage external agencies as required.
What I need to be successful:
- At least four years’ experience in a similar role
- Retail experience is desirable
- Able to work in a small team and collaboratively
- Creative thinking
- Excellent writing skills and attention to details
- Experience managing activity in budget and on time
- Event management
- Ability to take complex briefs and turn them into engaging, easy to understand communications materials
- Highly organised with strong project and time management
- Ability to manage stakeholders and influence across all levels
- Proficient use of MS Office suite and Office 365 and MS Office
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
Work Facts of Homebase
Age Requirement: 16 years old
Homebase Working Hours Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Sales Floor Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Cashier, Operations Customer Service Advisor, Team Member
Homebase Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Homebase to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Homebase Jobs: Official Site.