Graybar Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Graybar receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Graybar can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
With 8,300 employees in more than 290 locations across North America including Canada and Puerto Rico, Graybar is a national company with local career opportunities.
As a leading distributor of high-quality electrical, communications and data networking products, Graybar has a long tradition of providing employees with comprehensive benefits and opportunities to learn and grow. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a profitable and thriving employee-owned company.
If you want to work for a Fortune 500 company that is admired for its financial stability, innovation and management quality, we encourage you to take a few minutes and explore our career opportunities and experience the Graybar Advantage.
Graybar Job Opportunities & Application Process
Graybar receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Graybar, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Develop and implement business plans that allow the Company to achieve its financial and service goals; manage all resources to achieve desired results within the branch.
• Design and implement programs to maximize net profit and return on sales.
• Initiate new and improve existing programs to support meeting or exceeding financial and productivity performance metrics.
• Monitor customer service levels, and take action to improve service as needed.
• Monitor inventory levels, and promote the sale of obsolete and overstocked material.
• Oversee preparation of branch budget, and monitor actual performance to ensure branch achieves objectives.
• Manage a number of employees.
• Monitor activities to ensure compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain business relationships with current and potential customers and suppliers.
• Monitor competitive conditions in the territory, and recommend changes as necessary to gain market share in new areas.
• Develop and implement strategic plans to ensure long-term market share and profitability growth.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience required: Sales, operations, or finance
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 6-10 years of experience preferred: Management experience in sales, operations, or finance; experience improving smaller branches with high growth potential that were underperforming
• Four-year degree preferred: Business, marketing, or related major
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Knowledge
• Knowledge of wholesale distribution industry and competitors in assigned territories and of supply chain management principles
• Knowledge of Company pricing policies and objectives and marketing strategies for various markets served
• Knowledge of the impact pricing decisions have on the profit and loss of the Company
• Knowledge of the Company’s Sales, Operations, Financial, and Human Resources processes
• Knowledge of various suppliers and their respective product lines
• Knowledge of the Company’s computer systems and related applications and reporting methods
• Knowledge of key customers’ senior management
• Business planning and market analysis skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Negotiation and problem solving skills
• Leadership skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve short- and long-term goals of branch
• Ability to think strategically about business needs
• Ability to effectively recruit for key branch positions and build a strong service infrastructure
• Ability to effectively communicate across multiple internal and external layers of the organization
• Ability to motivate and influence others
Working Conditions Office environment. Some travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) –http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Work Facts of Graybar
Graybar Working Hours
- Area Manager, Warehouse Material Handler, Delivery Driver (CDL Class B) 1st Shift, Contract Non-Exempt Office/Clerical Secure, Warehouse Associates/Material Handlers – Summer Employment, Contract Non-Exempt Counter Warehouse/Customer Service
Graybar Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Graybar to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Graybar Jobs: Official Site.