Giant Eagle Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Giant Eagle receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Giant Eagle can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Giant Eagle is a supermarket chain with stores in the U.S. states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana and Maryland. The company was founded in 1918 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and incorporated on March 17, 1933. Supermarket News ranked Giant Eagle No. 21 in the 2012 “Top 75 North American Food Retailers” based on 2011 fiscal year estimated sales of $9.3 billion. In 2005, it was the 32nd-largest privately held corporation, as determined by Forbes. Based on 2005 revenue, Giant Eagle is the 49th-largest retailer in the United States.
Giant Eagle Job Opportunities & Application Process
Giant Eagle receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Giant Eagle, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
To exceed customer needs and expectations by providing efficient, accurate and pleasant check-out service and shopping assistance.
- Ring up customer’s orders by scanning product or punching price into register according to established Company policies and procedures.
- Finalize sales and collect payments by totaling order and accepting tender from customer.
- Alertly watch customers at pumps to help prevent drive-offs, unsafe misuse of gasoline containers or placement and pumping multiple cars within the same transaction (Double Pumping).
- Provide products and services that are competitively priced, meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times and abide by the Company’s Statement of Values.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, counter area, floor, restrooms, exterior pump area, etc. to ensure safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Know and follow all state and local laws regarding cigarette sales.
- Know and follow all coupon-handling procedures.
- Understand how to sell Lottery tickets, gift cards and Telephone Calling Cards.
- Assist in Kitchen area as needed.
- Assist other store team Members in maintaining security in the store.
- Block and straighten shelves as needed.
- Assist with light stocking duties and inform management of any out of stock items.
- Replace misplaced items to the proper location.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: $0
Giant Eagle Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Giant Eagle to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Working Hours
- Hours vary by location; some open 24 hours
Open Positions: Accounting and Finance, Administration, Bakery, Beer/Wine/Liquor, Cashier/Clerk/Stock, Catering/Special Events/Floral, Claims, Convenience/Fuel, Corporate Office, Customer Service, Deli/Cheese, Distribution/Logistics/Supply, Eagles Nest, Fuel/Convenience/GetGo, Grocery, Health and Safety, Health, Beauty and Wellness, Human Resources, Information Technology, Intern Pharmacist, Internship, Legal, Loss Prevention, Manufacturing,Marketing and Advertising, Meat/Seafood, Merchandising, Misc Support Services, Office Services, Pharmacy, Prepared Food, Produce, Quality Assurance/Food Safety, Real Estate and Construction, Retail Leadership, Retail Operations, Retail Space Planning, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Warehouse &Transportation.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Giant Eagle Jobs: Official Site.