George Mason University Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, George Mason University receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at George Mason University can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
George Mason University is a public research university in Fairfax County, Virginia. Initially founded as a branch of the University of Virginia in 1949, it became an independent institution in 1972. The university is named after the founding father George Mason, a Virginia planter and politician who, most notably, authored the Virginia Declaration of Rights, the basis for the U.S. Bill of Rights.
George Mason University Job Opportunities & Application Process
George Mason University receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in George Mason University, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Custodian: The George Mason University, Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center is seeking a Custodian to clean and care for the facility in a safe and healthy manner. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Collect and bag trash throughout the building;
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum stairs, floors and carpets;
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, locker rooms, and refill dispensers;
- Assist with special event room arrangements;
- Launder towels, cleaning rags, and dust mops;
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies;
- Wash walls and equipment;
- Use ladders when required; and
- Wash accessible interior windows and mirrors.
Fitness Floor Attendant: The George Mason University Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center is seeking Fitness Floor Attendants to supervise the fitness floor (i.e., cardio room, weight room and track), maintain a clean working environment, and assist members and guests with their needs. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment. All shifts are available – mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Undergraduate degree in exercise science or a related subject, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Energetic, dependable and flexible;
- Must have current (or must be able to obtain) CPR/First Aid/AED (automated external defibrillator) certifications; and
- Must be able to safely and independently move up to 50 pounds, and perform light maintenance.
Records Specialist: The George Mason University Department of Police and Public Safety Records Office is seeking an energetic, well-organized Records Specialist who takes initiative and is efficient when completing tasks. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position provides customer service at the public counter, and administrative support to command staff and others as needed. The incumbent must be comfortable performing in a fast-paced office, which will provide assistance to the public, while simultaneously carrying out both traditional clerical and complex administrative duties. Duties include:
- Front desk reception;
- Data entry and file management;
- Handling of confidential police records;
- Payment processing and event invoicing;
- Purchasing of office supplies;
- Building work orders;
- Handling telecommunication and electronic access issues;
- Maintaining the department website; and
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned.
Work Facts of George Mason University
George Mason University Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Records Specialist, Fitness Floor Attendant, Custodian
George Mason University Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest George Mason University to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply George Mason University Jobs: Official Site.