Gate Gourmet Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Gate Gourmet receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Gate Gourmet can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Gate Gourmet Job Opportunities & Application Process
Gate Gourmet receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Gate Gourmet, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a sanitation supervisor to join our Operations team based in Inwood, New York. The position is responsible for supervising thirty plus food production employees in a unionized environment to ensure security, safety, food specifications, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP, USDA and FDA regulations are followed and are responsible for labor and Material cost controls.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality production standards are followed and maintained.
- Ensures employees adhere to HACCP, FDA, USDA and safety regulations and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares management reports (ex. attendance, HAACCP and labor), as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance with customer specifications and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and other standards are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Ensures that all products are coded according to Gate Gourmet procedures.
- Conducts inventory of Gate Gourmet products and customer materials to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other logs and reports as required.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair issues in timely manner.
- Controls material cost and other controllable costs.
- Maintains all financial goals related to productivity, overtime, labor goals and hours per flight.
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit.
- Manages work flow balancing – – the division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift
- Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves, volume changes, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring employees get the rest & meal breaks and ensuring company processes are followed.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food expenses.
- Monitors daily manpower planning and schedules employees.
- Responsible for employee retention and reducing employee turnover.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling and preparing corrective actions for employees in compliance with the applicable union/collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Reviews and ensures employees in chain of command are in correct cost centers and correct job titles.
- Reviews and ensures union represented employees’ pay rates are correct based on wage scales and seniority.
- Compliance with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- 2+ years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering environment or equivalent experience in the related field preferred
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 30+ hourly employees.
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required.
- ServSafe Certified preferred
Language / Communication Skills:
- Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and insuring communication is understood by all parties involved
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish/Chinese Mandarin/ Vietnamese/Hindi/Polish a plus.
Work Facts of Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet Working Hours
- Sanitation Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Account Manager, Quality Manager, Senior Manager of Training and Development, Senior Pricing Analyst
Gate Gourmet Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Gate Gourmet to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Gate Gourmet Jobs: Official Site.