GameStop Application Online & Career
Being considered as the biggest video game retailer in the United States, GameStop is interested in selling new or used video games. In addition, it also sells accessories and basic things for gaming. GameStop is a family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple. Global retailer of multichannel video game, pop culture collectibles, consumer electronics and wireless services, operating more than 7,200 stores in 14 countries across Europe, Canada, Australia and the United States.
Job Opportunities at GameStop
GameStop offers both entry-level jobs in customer service and career-level jobs for those who are knowledgeable gamers and to those with past retail experience.
At GameStop there are many job opportunities in different positions. To be able to get a job at GameStop, applicants should prove that they have communication skills and they should show helpful attitudes. Another important point is to state that they are able to keep up with flexible working hours.
When it comes to previous experience required, GameStop usually does not require prior experience for most of the entry-level positions.
As for the application process, GameStop accepts applications online. Applicants should visit the website and search for available positions. Besides online application, candidates can also fill the application form in stores which actually makes the process quicker. After candidates submit the application form, the company contacts them usually in 3 weeks.
Positions and Salary Information for GameStop
GameStop usually hires applicants at the positions described below:
Sales/Game Advisors – Basically game advisors are responsible for giving sufficient information to the customers about the games and products. In addition to this duty, greeting patrons, completing sales, and keeping stores clean and organized are also in their responsibility. Sales/Games Advisors earn around $8.00 per hour.
Shift Leads – Their duty is to supervise sales associates. Taking inventory, assigning tasks, and ensuring all merchandise is displayed correctly are included in Shift Lead’s responsibility. As for the salary, Shift Leads usually earn $9.00 per hour.
Stocking Associate – The Stocking Associate’s primary function is to keep pick locations and back stock/overflow locations stocked with products for Order Pullers. This position will also respond to “out-of-stocks” and general flow rack problems that Order Pullers may encounter. This position works with general supervision; interacting with a supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to Order Pullers’ calls for assistance regarding “out-of-stocks” and general flow rack problems.
- Replenish pick locations with products in back stock/overflow.
- Stock pick locations and back stock/overflow locations with products received.
- Use handheld inventory computer or printed information to find back stock location of products.
- Record changes to back stock/overflow locations.
- Move wooden pallets of inventory from one location to another using hand pallet jack.
- Push and move stuck totes/cartons down flow rack using wooden pole.
- Open cardboard boxes using manual box cutter.
- Lift, move and stack wooden pallets and arrange products into totes.
- Pick up and discard paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, and all trash/debris throughout work shift.
- Communicate to management all issues that could result in process delays, safety risks, or those that might cause financial loss to GameStop or physical injury or lost time for its associates.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure daily production, quality, and safety goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good judgment at all times.
The Packing Clerk is responsible for properly packing all outbound cartons with packing material and tape and/or strap cartons to withstand shipment of product. Additionally, this position supports other departments/zones as needed to achieve the overall business objectives of the distribution and refurbishment centers. This position works under direct supervision; Associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly pack all outbound cartons that are being shipped in order to meet packing standards.
- Inspect products and notify lead or supervisor of defective products which may need to be returned to other departments.
- Maintain a clean work area to prevent accidents or a disruption of the packaging process.
- Communicate to management all issues that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
- Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment and Distribution Centers to achieve or exceed department objectives.
- Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
Store Managers – Store Managers are responsible for supervising all staff and store procedures. To be able to get a job at this position, candidates are required to have prior work experience in the field. When it comes to the salary, assistant managers usually earn $12.00 per hour while store managers earn $18.00 per hour.
Before being hired, applicants are asked about their prior experiences if they have. Besides this, applicants are asked whether they have any reference or not. Questions about educational background should also be expected during the interview. Applicants can also be asked about the position that they are applying for. Since gaming is the company’s biggest concern, applicants should be able to show that they are knowledgeable about this field.
Work Facts of GameStop
GameStop Working Hours
- Monday-Saturday: 10:00am-9:00pm;
- Sunday: 11:00am-6:00pm
- Accessory Associate, Game Advisor, Key Holder, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Customer Service Manager, Hardware Tech, Process Improvement Technician, Maintenance Associate, Refurb Trainer, Employee Relations Supervisor, Replenishment Driver, Inventory Control Supervisor, Lead Loss Prevention Agent, Loss Prevention Investigator, Multi-Unit Manager, District Manager.
Printable Application Form / PDF: Download GameStop Application PDF
How to Apply GameStop Jobs; Official Site.