Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Fred Hutch has over 200 world-renowned faculty. They study disease at the molecular and cellular level and population-based approach to translate the knowledge into treatments that may lead to cures.
Fred Hutch is uniquely positioned to address the worldwide cancer epidemic by translating four decades of scientific exploration into new prevention and treatment strategies.
A postdoctoral fellowship offers the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of biomedical research in a collaborative environment with a common mission to eliminate cancer and other diseases.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Job Opportunities & Application Process
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
- Educates patients in the proton therapy clinics; responds to consultations made by physicians.
- Performs patient histories and physical examinations under physician supervision; evaluates results and monitors treatment plans; maintains medical records.
- Oversees patient schedules, appointments, and procedures
- Participates in educational in-services and seminars for health care providers at the ProCure Proton Therapy
- Center as well as the surrounding area; maintains current certification through continuing education.
- Accountable for the management of patient care in assigned service(s).
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to recognize and solve patient problems.
- Identifies the age specific growth and developmental needs of the patients, and utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual/potential problems in the assigned service of the Proton Therapy Clinic.
- Identifies patient /family nursing needs and assures that they are met.
- Inputs, retrieves, and interprets data from multiple manual and computer information systems.
- Maintains patients rights and demonstrates respect for persons of all ages and diverse cultures.
- Utilizes organizational skills to assure continuity of care in collaboration with other disciplines through appropriate planning, education, and coordination of other services.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to facilitate and optimize patient care.
- Acts on behalf of the patients and family to ensure care that is safe and appropriate with consideration for values, diversity, and human rights.
- Participates in nursing and medical research and facilitates transfer of new knowledge to patient care.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One year of experience in patient care required
- Two years of oncology experience or pediatric OR/Recovery preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment
- Patient assessment skills
- Ability to apply good clinical judgment
- Ability to plan work, establish priorities, and remain flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of general nursing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of scientific principles and specialized techniques used in the practice of nursing.
- Knowledge of medications and treatments.
- Knowledge of current literature in the field of nursing and hospital administration.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Ability to maintain records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, partner hospitals/medical practices, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- Able to work evening hours twice a week.
- Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution
- Performance Standards
- Flexibility/Managing Change
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Fostering Teamwork
- Graduate of an approved RN program, with bachelors degree in nursing preferred; supplemented with two years of related clinical nursing experience
- Washington State RN licensure required
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred
Work Facts of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Working Hours
- Clinical Nurse, IT Project Mgr II, Radiation Safety Technician, Research Assistant (Pre-Doc), Program/Department Coordinator, Clinical Technologist I Cert, Laboratory Director
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Jobs: Official Site.