FEMA Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, FEMA receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at FEMA can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The Federal Government provides many benefits, financial incentives, and family friendly programs to its employees.
Some of them are:
There are several pay systems within the Federal government. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) develops and maintains Government-wide laws and policies on pay, including:
- basic pay setting,
- locality pay,
- special salary rates,
- back pay,
- pay limitations,
- premium pay,
- grade and pay retention,
- severance pay,
- relocation and retention incentives, and
- cost-of-living allowances (COLA).
However, each Federal agency manages these pay policies and programs for its employees. Within FEMA, the Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer helps the Administrator with this.
FEMA Job Opportunities & Application Process
FEMA receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in FEMA, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Supervisory Emergency Management Specialist
The Deputy Assistant Administrator shares responsibility for carrying out the full range of management responsibilities and authority over the work of the Directorate. Incumbent recommends courses of action to the Assistant Administrator and fully participates in determining policies, plans, goals, organization and courses of action for the Directorate. Incumbent assists the Assistant Administrator with strategic planning, policy development, budget preparation and execution, procurement and contracting processes, personnel management, and reports and briefings to Congress as required.
The incumbent assists the Assistant Administrator in carrying out specific duties which include:
- Directing and overseeing the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the Agency’s Individual and Public Assistance Programs, including directing technical standby assistance contractors.
- Supporting the implementation of the National Response Framework and National Disaster Recovery Framework.
- Ensuring deployment readiness of all Recovery cadres and establishing executable plans for augmenting the disaster workforce, including the use of interagency personnel.
- Actively filling key leadership positions in support of disaster operations and the continuity of operations.
- Directing and overseeing the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the Agency’s Fire Management Assistance Program, including the analysis of and recommendations for events that require Federal assistance.
- Directing and overseeing the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the programmatic closeout of Individual Assistance and Public Assistance programs when all program delivery has been completed.
- Directing and overseeing the development and implementation of program evaluations, risk analysis, customer satisfaction surveys and training and credentialing activities for disaster assistance programs.
- Directing and overseeing the development and implementation of appropriate programs, plans, policies and procedures for the Agency’s Service Centers (Texas, Maryland, and Virginia).
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- Public Financial Disclosure (SF-278) required within 30 days.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/59
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Failure to meet the basic qualification requirement and all Technical and Executive Core Qualification factors automatically disqualifies an applicant.
As a basic requirement for entry into the SES, applicants must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level managerial capability and directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications. Typically, experience of this nature will have been gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations. An earned doctorate and senior leadership experience in an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent as both a highly skilled executive and as an accomplished educator are preferred but not required. The successful candidate will be a motivated leader who has a record of sound fiscal management, experience in a senior administrative position, and proficiency in community engagement.
Each applicant is required to submit a comprehensive narrative statement, which addresses BOTH the mandatory Technical and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) outlined below. Applicants who do not submit a supplemental narrative statement that addresses these factors will be ineligible for further consideration. The narrative portion for the Technical Qualifications MUST NOT EXCEED 6 PAGES TOTAL. The supplemental narrative statement for the Executive Core Qualifications should address the necessary level of management skills, characteristics, qualities, specialized knowledge, and technical competence that would indicate successful performance in the SES. This evidence must include clear and concise examples that emphasize the applicant’s level of responsibilities, scope, and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments, policy initiatives, and level of contacts. The narrative portion for the Executive Core Qualifications MUST NOT EXCEED 10 PAGES. For guidance in preparing a narrative statement addressing the ECQs, applicants can access OPM’s website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/executive-core-qualifications/
The following categories of applicants may omit the mandatory Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), but MUST address the Technical Qualification factors:
- Applicants who are currently serving under a SES career appointment (must provide a copy of Standard Form 50–Notification of Personnel Action that documents career appointment to the SES).
- Applicants who are eligible for reinstatement to the SES (must provide a copy of Standard Form 50–Notification of Personnel Action that documents career appointment to the SES).
- Applicants who are graduates of OPM-approved SES Candidate Development Programs (must provide proof of OPM Qualifications Review Board certification).
All required application materials will be reviewed to determine if applicants meet the mandatory qualification requirements. Qualification and experience determinations will be based only on the information supplied by the applicant. The best-qualified candidates for this position will be distinguished from other applicants by an evaluation committee to determine the degree to which qualification requirements are met. Applicants should provide specific evidence of possession of the mandatory Technical and Executive Core Qualifications, as outlined under Qualifications Criteria, to assist the evaluation committee in determining the best-qualified candidates that will be considered for final selection. The Executive Core Qualifications of the selectee are subject to approval by the Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Review Board (QRB). Unless you have already been certified by an OPM QRB in the past, your ECQs must be certified by an OPM QRB before appointment can occur.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS – MANDATORY
1. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to establish, adapt, and continually examine program regulations, policies, structure, resources and performance to implement an organization’s mission, strategic goals and vision.
2. Demonstrated executive leadership in implementing disaster response and recovery programs, regulations, policies and procedures in collaboration with Regional, Federal, State, local, Tribal and territorial partners, as well as private sector and non-governmental organizations.
3. Demonstrated executive-level experience building partnerships across diverse emergency management, government and community partners to address emerging needs and pilot innovations across all phases of emergency management and grants management.
Work Facts of FEMA
FEMA Working Hours
- Deputy Assistant Administrator for Recovery, Operations Research Analyst, Emergency Management Specialist, Environmental Protection Specialist, Supervisory Emergency Management Specialist
FEMA Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest FEMA to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply FEMA Jobs: Official Site.