Estes Express Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Estes Express receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Estes Express can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Estes has provided top-quality transportation solutions since 1931. Throughout the years, high integrity and an unwavering commitment to our customers have guided our growth from a small, one-man operation to one of the top 25 carriers in the industry.
Estes Express Job Opportunities & Application Process
Estes Express receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Estes Express , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Driver Trainee (Dock)
Job Summary Details
- Safely handle and maneuver tractor/trailers and other large equipment to facilitate the loading and unloading operations in the yard
- Properly cube, load and unload freight using a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck or by hand
- Strap, brace and secure freight to prevent damage or shifting
- Responsible for accurately recording the condition of freight as it arrives at the terminal
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspections of the yard and dock equipment
- Accurately set up, break down and hook trailers safely
- Ensure all pup trailers have tilt bar to be lowered prior to loading of freight
- Raise and lower landing gear
- Monitor yard for unsafe drivers and non-employees; report to management
- Work in outdoor weather conditions
- Promptly report all maintenance problems to Fleet Services and/or supervision
- Work the dock a minimum of five hours per week in addition to work in the yard as a jockey/hostler
- Scan the Kronos clock and indicate dock versus jockey time for tracking purposes
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Must be able to handle the duties assigned for the driver trainee program
- Must be 21 years of age required per FMCSA regulations
- Must have an outstanding performance record with Estes (not limited to, but in no instance should there be a final written warning within the previous 90 day period or show a pattern or progression of continued disciplinary action)
- Must have and maintain an acceptable MVR. Disqualifying offenses can include (but are not limited to) DUI, DWI, possession of narcotics/controlled substances, reckless driving, etc.
- Must currently possess a Class A CDL or have a valid drivers’ license and willing to obtain a CDL Learner’s Permit when notified he/she has been accepted to driving school
- Must meet the minimum physical qualifications for a driver position
- Ability to operate a forklift (minimum 7,500 lb. vehicle)
- Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70 lbs.
- Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Night / weekend shifts may be required
- Must pass the FMCSA physical before attending driving school
- Must pass a FMCSA pre-employment drug screen before attending driving school
- Must agree to the driving school agreement
- Must enroll in the next available Estes sponsored driving school for the respective region
- Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and FMCSA rules and regulations
- Ability to meet the FMCSA’s requirements to speak and read English
- Acknowledge and adhere to the driving school agreement, e.g., must complete the driving school program and obtain a CDL in one year or be placed in a lower paid position if available; if no position available, may be terminated
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 70lbs
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
UPON COMPLETION OF THE ESTES DRIVING SCHOOL
- Must pass a road test
- Must work with driver trainer for a minimum of 4 weeks
- Must successfully obtain a CDL with doubles, tank and hazmat endorsements within the required one year timeframe
- Upon approval from Safety and Operations, the driver trainee will be eligible to post for an open local driving position
- If at this time, the driver trainee does not post for an open local driving position, he/she may be reclassified as a full-time or part-time dockworker (pending opening) and will be awarded the pay rate commensurate with the dockworker position and his/her eligible length of service with Estes
- Progression to other driving positions will be dependent on performance and driving experience
Work Facts of Estes Express
Estes Express Working Hours
- Terminal Clerk, Combination Local/Regional Driver, Operations Manager, Driver Trainee (Dock), Regional OTR Driver, Sales Account Manager
Estes Express Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Estes Express to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Estes Express Jobs: Official Site.