Discovery Communications Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Discovery Communications receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Discovery Communications can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Discovery, Inc. is an American mass media company based in Silver Spring, Maryland, first established in 1985. The company primarily operates factual television networks, such as its namesake Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, TLC, and other spin-off brands. In March 2018, the company completed its acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive, which added networks such as Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel to its portfolio. The combined company operates five of the ten most-watched U.S. cable channels among women.
Discovery Communications Job Opportunities & Application Process
Discovery Communications receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Discovery Communications, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Executive Producer: The Executive Producer is responsible for helping to create, produce and manage ground breaking, innovative television programs. The Executive Producer has creative oversight of a variety of production projects and manages the efforts of multiple outside production companies simultaneously. The EP will also have a strong partnership with the Development function and will be part of the process of building a series/event from the ground up. You will need a strong history of creating factual and entertainment series. The job is to create new programs, new genres and find new ways of talking to audiences.
Manager: The Manager, Consolidation will be a part of the team responsible for closing the books for the Company. This individual will be responsible for performing and reviewing the accounting for non-standard/complex areas to ensure compliance with US GAAP and should be comfortable working directly with management of the company as well as the external auditors.
1. Responsible for performing and reviewing the accounting for complex transactions
2. Works with the Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting and team to align and reflect non-standard accounting matters in the books and records of the company
3. Helps to facilitate SEC reporting through process excellence and use of systems and automation
4. Helps to Drive transformation and change in accounting processes and systems
5. Supervises individuals responsible for non-standard accounting matters
6. Prepares and reviews consolidation journal entries, intercompany elimination transactions, and consolidated divisional and subsidiary financial entries on a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements
7. Coordinates with accounting teams around the world
8. Prepares and reviews account reconciliations and rollforwards
9. Make decisions guided by established policies and procedures
10. Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Director Technical Accounting: The Director Technical Accounting will lead the team responsible for the documentation of the company’s accounting assessments and policies. This individual should be comfortable working directly with senior management of the company as well as the external auditors.
Associate, Financial Reporting and Corporate Strategy: The Associate, Financial Reporting and Corporate Strategy will focus on financial reporting and analysis, business performance measurement/benchmarking and strategic initiatives. This individual will be based in Charlotte, North Carolina, will report directly to the CFO and will have regular interaction with senior management on a wide range of corporate issues.
1. Work with CFO and finance team to manage and analyze financial results (detailed operating model, monthly financial reports, budget forecasts, performance benchmarking, etc.)
2. Work with CFO and senior management to evaluate new business opportunities, strategic initiatives and potential acquisitions
3. Analyze industry metrics and competitors to enhance financial reporting and identify opportunities for operational improvements
4. Utilize technology and systems to streamline internal processes and make financial reporting more efficient, timely and insightful
5. Prepare detailed analyses and presentations on various financial and strategic issues
Work Facts of Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: –
Discovery Communications Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Discovery Communications to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Discovery Communications Jobs: Official Site.