Dekalb County Schools Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Dekalb County Schools receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Dekalb County Schools can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
DeKalb County School District
DeKalb County School District is Georgia’s third largest school system. Under the leadership of Superintendent Dr. R. Stephen Green and the Board of Education, we prepare students for college and careers through a laser focus on rigorous, relevant classroom instruction related to each child’s needs.
The District serves nearly 102,000 students, 137 schools and centers, and 15,500 employees, including 6,600 teachers. Students and parents speak over 140 languages and represent over 180 nations. With a laser focus, DCSD is a leader in STEM curriculum with 10 certified schools and programs in more than 90 schools. School choice options are available in nearly 50 schools to include theme, magnet, IB, charter, and Montessori options.
Dekalb County Schools Job Opportunities & Application Process
Dekalb County Schools receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Dekalb County Schools, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
DeKalb County Schools offers competitive salaries one of the top five highest starting teacher salary in the metro Atlanta area—and other benefits, including credit for prior verifiable teaching experience that meets state requirements, a comprehensive medical insurance plan, and the following:
- Teachers have strong instructional support available at the local school level. Instructional specialists and administrative coordinators work directly on site with teachers and students in local schools.
- Teachers find that career choices are greater in a large, diverse school district. Individuals who begin their careers in DeKalb County Schools have the opportunity to explore broader fields of interest in counseling, administration, computer education, transportation, purchasing, communications, finance, and other areas.
- Comprehensive professional development courses, which provide a wide array of topics throughout the year, ranging from classroom management to assessment of student performance. Professional development courses offer several positive factors—they are free, convenient, and custom tailored to meet many career needs. Stipends are available for some courses.
- Innovative programs in comprehensive educational programs for exceptional children, ranging in age from newborns to young adults. A dedicated support team for special needs students may include school psychologists, teachers in various areas of exceptionalities, social workers, school administrators, paraprofessionals, and parent volunteers.
- An information-rich environment thanks to a strong technology network. This powerful technology infrastructure of hardware and software links instruction and administration district wide. Teachers have computers and telephones in their rooms and utilize an electronic grade book.
- Teachers have ample opportunity to pursue graduate degrees with easy access to such institutions such as Agnes Scott College, Clark Atlanta University, Emory University, Georgia State University, Georgia Tech, Morehouse and Spelman College, Oglethorpe University, University of Georgia, and a host of other fine postgraduate colleges and universities within the metro Atlanta area.
- It is the policy of the DeKalb County School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service. If you wish to request an accommodation or modification or to make a complaint due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Legal Affairs at 678.676.0181.
Work Facts of Dekalb County Schools
Dekalb County Schools Working Hours
- Teacher, Accounting Specialist, Substitute Teacher, TFA Corps Member, Elementary Position, Accounts Payable Clerk
Dekalb County Schools Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Dekalb County Schools to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Dekalb County Schools Jobs: Official Site