Dekalb County Schools Online Application
By applying Dekalb County Schools you may join Dekalb County Schools’s family. At the same time you will be able to look for Dekalb County Schools job postings and apply to any notices you like.
Open Positions: Teacher, Accounting Specialist, Substitute Teacher, TFA Corps Member, Elementary Position, Accounts Payable Clerk
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Dekalb County Schools Jobs: Official Site
DeKalb County Schools offers competitive salaries one of the top five highest starting teacher salary in the metro Atlanta area—and other benefits, including credit for prior verifiable teaching experience that meets state requirements, a comprehensive medical insurance plan, and the following:
- Teachers have strong instructional support available at the local school level. Instructional specialists and administrative coordinators work directly on site with teachers and students in local schools.
- Teachers find that career choices are greater in a large, diverse school district. Individuals who begin their careers in DeKalb County Schools have the opportunity to explore broader fields of interest in counseling, administration, computer education, transportation, purchasing, communications, finance, and other areas.
- Comprehensive professional development courses, which provide a wide array of topics throughout the year, ranging from classroom management to assessment of student performance. Professional development courses offer several positive factors—they are free, convenient, and custom tailored to meet many career needs. Stipends are available for some courses.
- Innovative programs in comprehensive educational programs for exceptional children, ranging in age from newborns to young adults. A dedicated support team for special needs students may include school psychologists, teachers in various areas of exceptionalities, social workers, school administrators, paraprofessionals, and parent volunteers.
- An information-rich environment thanks to a strong technology network. This powerful technology infrastructure of hardware and software links instruction and administration district wide. Teachers have computers and telephones in their rooms and utilize an electronic grade book.
- Teachers have ample opportunity to pursue graduate degrees with easy access to such institutions such as Agnes Scott College, Clark Atlanta University, Emory University, Georgia State University, Georgia Tech, Morehouse and Spelman College, Oglethorpe University, University of Georgia, and a host of other fine postgraduate colleges and universities within the metro Atlanta area.
- It is the policy of the DeKalb County School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service. If you wish to request an accommodation or modification or to make a complaint due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Legal Affairs at 678.676.0181.