Dean Foods Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Dean Foods receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Dean Foods can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
We don’t just distribute food and beverages. We bring nutrition, authenticity and flavor to the moments that matter – and we’d love your help.
At Dean Foods, more than 16,000 people work to make our vision of a healthy future come to life, both in our Dallas headquarters and plants across the U.S.
We’re always looking for candidates that share our passion for fueling well-lived lives and our commitment to incredible service.
Dean Foods Job Opportunities & Application Process
Dean Foods receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Dean Foods, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Job Description & Requirements
The Distribution Supervisor has responsibility for managing drivers for the distribution function. This role will be accountable for meeting all financial commitments, will own safety, and will ensure customer expectations are met all the time, every time. The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for demonstrating the Dean Foods Guiding Principles and utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) resources in building team capability and unity. He/she will have specific budget accountability and will ensure integration of Dean Foods operating principles for the location(s) for which they have responsibility.
· Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route.
· Maintains focus and responds constructively to daily routing situations. Acts decisively at the right time.
· Deals effectively with routing and customer situations.
· Trains drivers to merchandise products if required.
· Utilizes data from XATA and other sources to manage KPI’s.
· Ensures driver safety training conducted and coaches safe driving practices.
· Optimizes distribution productivity.
· Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations; keeps informed of regulatory and logistical issues.
· Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on regular basis.
· Encourages others to work as a team. Provides input and guidance to team.
· Establishes direction and helps senior management identify resources and remove barriers to goals.
· Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment to quality service and high performance.
· Solves problems with desire to produce exceptional results.
· Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
· Manages customer complaints.
· Applies knowledge of basic Distribution techniques and concepts. Uses good judgment to handle issues and problems.
· Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
· Committed to product quality and contributes to the best management practices in maintaining or reaching quality goals.
· Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
· Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
· Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
· Leads a team of drivers within the market ensuring proper coaching, training, performance management and talent management for direct reports.
· Collaboratively develops and executes specific technical training ensuring driver skill levels are in line with company expectations.
· Ensures optimization and care for all distribution and fleet assets ensuring proper maintenance.
· Owns Safety Culture, ensuring a safe work environment and that employees use safe work methods.
· Ensures execution of Dean Foods standard operating processes.
· Ensures proper employee relations culture and programs are executed.
· Ensures compliance with all regulatory (OSHA, DOT, EPA) requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Previous supervisory experience a plus
· 1-4 years managerial distribution, transportation or logistics experience in multi-site facility. Experience should include research and cost reporting procedures, budgeting, inventory control as well experience in routing software, GPS systems and routing optimization.
· Strong DSD (direct store delivery) background.
· Experience with handheld computers, ASN, SBT, Scanning, and other store receiving platforms.
· Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
· Project management skills.
· Financial skills to understand and analyze budgets.
· Regulatory knowledge in applicable federal, state and local guidelines (DOT, OSHA, DMV).
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written).
· Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Work Facts of Dean Foods
Dean Foods Working Hours
- Logistics Supervisor, Area Sales Rep, Plant Manager, Executive IT Support Specialist, Plant Engineering Mgr, Quality Assurance Mgr, Head of Corporate Communications, Demand Planner – Ice Cream
Dean Foods Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Dean Foods to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Dean Foods Jobs: Official Site.