Continental Airlines Job Application Online
Continental Airlines wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at Continental Airlines can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at Continental Airlines. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a Continental Airlines job.
Continental Airlines was a major United States airline founded in 1934 and eventually headquartered in Houston, Texas. It had ownership interests and brand partnerships with several carriers. Continental started out as one of the smaller carriers in the United States, known for its limited operations under the regulated era. Post 1978, Continental grew into one of the country’s largest carriers despite facing financial troubles and other issues, eventually becoming one of the more successful airlines in the United States.
The airline merged with UAL Corporation (the parent company of United Airlines) via a stock swap in 2010. Continental’s shares were acquired by UAL Corporation; the re-organized holding company was renamed United Continental Holdings. During the integration period, each airline ran a separate operation under the direction of a combined leadership team, based in Chicago. The integration was completed on March 3, 2012. Although the merged airline retained the United name, it uses Continental’s operating certificate and livery. On Thursday June 27, 2019 United changed its parent company name from United Continental Holdings to United Airlines Holdings.
Continental Airlines Job Opportunities & Application Process
Continental Airlines is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one.
Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected.
To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations.
Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not.
Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise.
We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom and 1.5 weeks on the job.
You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours and have more control over your schedule.
Punctuality and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
$14.38/hour, with yearly increases (as per the union contract)
Medical benefits for part time (20 – 30 hours per week)
Flight privileges: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by
Time off: you’ll always have two days off in a row and can earn vacation days based on length of service
High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Minimum of 18 years old
Comfortable working on computers
Physical ability to stand and walk for a four-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
Must pass a background check and drug screen
Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Food Production Lead
- Verify that HACCP documentation is completed with required information
- Responsible for auditing ingredients used in the products to ensure accuracy
- Audit Variable Production Schedule (VPS), record run rates, First Pass Yield (FPY), pack quantities and Not-In-Stock (NIS)
- Ensure employees are following proper food preparation procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety procedures
- Complete daily production sheets
- Responsible for communication to the employees during the Daily Shift briefing
- Revise shift assignments as necessary to meet the needs of the operation
- Attend Quality Assurane and Safety meetings
- Coach and guide employees to correct procedures to be audit ready
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) or educational equivalent
- Basic math skills required: this includes knowledge of weights and measures (scales) as well as times and temperatures
- Ability to fluently read, speak and write English
- Ability to use standard kitchen equipment
- Must be able to works indoors in a cool area at 55 degrees F throughout the shift; also required to work in a climate-controlled area at 38 degrees F or less
- Will occasionally be required to enter refrigerated area at 35 degrees F to store food
- Must be able to walk, reach, stand, bend, stretch as well as perform frequent repetitive motions
- Must be able to push/pull items weighing up to 60 pounds; must be able to lift/carry items weighing up to 53 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work any shift in a 24-hour-a-day /7-day-a-week operation to include rotating shifts, early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential and required function of the position
- Attention to detail and proficiency in MS Excel
As a Machinist Technician you will work in the fast-paced San Francisco Technical Operation department. The Machinist Technician plays a very important role in providing quality service to our internal customers. The Machinist Technician should have strong working knowledge and abilities to perform repairs and manufacture parts on a daily basisincluding the required following duties and qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of four major machine groups: Lathes, Milling Machines, Grinders, and Drills through a formal apprenticeship program or extensive experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and ARs/ Rus.
- Must be familiar with precision measuring instruments and have the ability to machine parts to close tolerances.
Customer Service Representative
Do you find the idea of working at an airport exciting? Would you love to help people get where they’re going? Are you a real problem-solver who can stay focused in any situation? You’re the perfect candidate for a role as a part-time Customer Service Representative for United Airlines.
As part of our passenger service team, you’ll meet people from all over the world, handle a variety of tasks that make every day different and enjoy a real sense of accomplishment when someone walks away saying “United Airlines is great!”
Caring for customers
- It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one.
- Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected.
- To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations.
Work Facts of Continental Airlines
- 16 years old
Continental Airlines Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Customer Service Representative, Airline Administrative Support, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Ticket Agent, Security Officer, Air Traffic Controller, Baggage Handler, Cabin Crew Member, Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Inside Sales Representative, Facilities Technician, Contact Care Consultant, Travel Consultant, Reservations Clerk, Inspector
Continental Airlines Printable Application Form
You can download Continental Airlines printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Continental Airlines Jobs: Official Site.