Consolidated Edison Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Consolidated Edison receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Consolidated Edison can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
about con edison
New York City pulses with energy. It is the global center of finance, communications, information technology, and other industries dependent on reliable energy. For more than 180 years, Con Edison has been supplying the energy that powers New York.
Consolidated Edison Company of New York (Con Edison), a regulated utility, provides electric service in New York City (except for a small area of Queens), and most of Westchester County. The company provides natural gas service in Manhattan, the Bronx, and parts of Queens and Westchester. Con Edison also owns and operates the world’s largest district steam system, providing steam service in most of Manhattan
Con Edison is committed to supporting New York State’s competitive energy market. Through its PowerYourWay program, the company encourages customers to learn about other electric and natural gas companies — known as energy services companies (ESCOs) — and to compare the pricing options and services that they offer. When a customer chooses to buy the energy their home or business uses through an ESCO, however, Con Edison still continues to deliver the electricity and gas, and responds if there is a service emergency.
Con Edison is a subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. [NYSE: ED], one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies, with approximately $12 billion in annual revenues and $40 billion in assets.
The global Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) ranks Consolidated Edison, Inc. as the only utility in the CDP’s S&P 500 2011 Carbon Performance Leadership Index and #1 among S&P 500 utility companies in the 2011 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index. Consolidated Edison, Inc. also has been recognized for its environmental performance by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Department of Energy and other organizations.
Consolidated Edison Job Opportunities & Application Process
Consolidated Edison receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Consolidated Edison, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Multiple – Assoc Engineer A (1H), Engineer (2L) or Sr Engineer (2H), STO Transmission Planning – System Performance
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Works, as part of an interactive team, with senior Transmission Planning staff in planning the overall development of the Con Edison bulk electric transmission system on both a long-range and a short-range basis.
- Conducts routine studies, in accordance with applicable Criteria, Rules and Standards, of the bulk electric transmission system that include short circuit, thermal, and voltage analysis. These studies include, but are not limited to:
- Short Circuit analysis: The adequacy of existing circuit breakers, Individual Breaker Analysis (IBA), and momentary short circuit calculations.
- Thermal/Voltage analysis: Steady State, N-1 and N-1/-1, and Extreme Contingency Assessment. A detailed written technical report documenting the results of the analysis is required.
- Modifies, or writes, computer programs, or subroutines, required to perform the studies.
- Reviews and provides comments on third-party studies for the interconnection of new transmission/generating projects.
- Participates in bulk electric transmission system studies with members of the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC), and neighboring pools and utilities.
- Provide transmission system modeling data to the NYISO as detailed in the NYISOs Reliability Data Manual.
- Conducts studies required for the preparation of operating instructions and protocols associated with the bulk electric transmission system.
- Assists in the development of presentation materials for presentations on critical issues related to the Companys bulk electric transmission system given to Senior Management, as well as outside stakeholders. On occasion the Associate Engineer may be asked to make these presentations.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering 2 years work experience ASSOCIATE ENGINEER (1H) Or
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering 4 years work experience ENGINEER (2L) Or
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering 8 years work experience SR. ENGINEER (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Must have the following years of experience in application and theory of electrical engineering principles in the area of planning, design and/or operation of the bulk electrical transmission system.
- Plan the overall development of the Con Edison bulk electric transmission system on both a long-range and a short-range basis.
- Depending on level, will conduct routine studies, in accordance with applicable Criteria, Rules and Standards, of the bulk electric transmission system that may include short circuit, thermal, voltage and stability analysis.
- Recommend transmission system modifications/upgrades; evaluate reliability benefits of alternative solutions, provide technical expertise and guidance; coordinate Company resources to provide support to developers of new generation and transmission resources.
- Work with external parties, such as the NYISO and/or New York Transmission Owners, toward the design of the New York State transmission system.
- May be required to act as a Manager during the absence of Section Manager.
- Represent the department on internal and external committees, teams and task forces and at regulatory proceedings.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver’s License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the USA and Canada to attend industry and regulatory meetings.
- Must be able to participate in the companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.
Work Facts of Consolidated Edison
Consolidated Edison Working Hours
- Customer Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Lineman, Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst, Planning Analyst, Auditor, Associate Analyst, Associate Specialist, Construction Manager, Construction Engineer, Project Specialist, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Electrical Technician, Designer, Operation Mechanic, Production Technician, Building Engineer, Economic Modeling Analyst, Associate Engineer
Consolidated Edison Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Consolidated Edison to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Consolidated Edison Jobs: Official Site.