City of Hope Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, City of Hope receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at City of Hope can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
WHY CITY OF HOPE
What makes City of Hope unique as a place to pursue a career?
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
City of Hope was founded in 1913 and is one of only 47 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation designated by the National Cancer Institute. Our role as leaders in patient care, basic and clinical research, and the translation of science into tangible benefit is widely acknowledged.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
We’re all united by our desire to find cures and save lives. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
Come join us!
City of Hope Job Opportunities & Application Process
City of Hope receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in City of Hope, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Accounts Payable Analyst
This position supports the accounts payable operations (processing approximately $1B in invoices annually) for City of Hope and subsidiaries, including 13 community practices. This includes procure to pay business process improvements, performing month and year end close and ERP reconciliation, creating insightful AP metrics reporting, ensuring compliance and control through driving policy compliance and working with internal audit, as well as developing and providing necessary training to end users.
This position will design and monitor department metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with our key customers across the enterprise. The key services this position will provide includes handling enterprise departments accounts payable inquiries and research accounts payable issues, assisting with system upgrades, replacements, and troubleshooting, as well as recommending key policies and procedures for daily activities, demonstrating a solid understanding of GAAP, SOX and regulatory guidelines. Assist with preparation for audits and special projects as assigned such as enterprise training or system implementations.
This AP analyst will play a crucial key user role in large Procure to Pay optimization projects. He/She will provide insights on current process flow, provide recommendations on future state. He/She will participate through all stages of project implementation including design, testing, go live and post go live training.
The AP analyst must demonstrate key AP knowledge and understanding of relevant business processes at various levels across the organization. This position also requires excellent communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills, as well as superior customer service. Must also be able to present the analytical findings and metrics to identify inefficiencies and propose recommendations. Lastly, this position must demonstrate independent thinking and requires minimal supervision.
- Develop and publish AP analysis to indentify issues such as incorrect unit price, variance discrepancies, goods not received, duplicate invoices to enable AP and Purchasing collectively resolving them on a timely basis.
- Publish monthly internal AP staff efficiency metrics (internal) as well as AP performance scorecards (external SLAs) for the organization.
- Through insightful AP and Staff metrics, need to identify opportunities on effectiveness and efficiencies of AP processes and Staff performance.
- Attends meetings including the tactical and strategic Procure to Pay meetings. Participates on committees as required. Communicates relevant issues to the team leaders and colleagues.
- Co-lead with AP manager on presentations/inputs for Procure to Pay team (AP, purchasing, and receiving) to identify opportunities to optimize business and IT processes.
- Train new and existing users on business expense and AP module to ensure business expense reimbursement and invoice requests are processed accurately and most efficient means.
- Prepare reports for AP reconciliation and general ledger accounts. Submit it to AP manager for approval on a monthly basis.
- Prepare month end accruals such as Pcard accrual and receipt accrual to ensure we close on time to meet the COH financial close timeline
- Maintain and revise all AP and business expense policy and procedures by working with AP manager
- Analyze AP processes by collaborating with General Accounting, PeopleSoft FIN system business analyst team, Receiving and Purchasing teams. Thus recommending process improvements as well as internal controls.
- Play a vital role with AP manager in assisting interim and year end external audit.
- Act as the key user for all Procure to Pay related initiatives through the entire cycle of scoping, analysis, testing, and implementation.
- Act as the AP lead in working with ERP Fin System Business Analyst in providing service desk support related to AP area
- Maintain 1099 information and collect W-9 information from vendors. Responsible for year-end 1099-MISC filing. Conduct TIN match in IRS database.
- Requires minimal supervisor to manage daily activities and is able to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor Degree, minimum of six years of current experience with AP department can substitute for minimum education requirements
- 2-5 years in Accounts Payable or Accounting Operation Experience
- Calculate statistical data
- Data analysis
- Data Entry
- Prepare reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience with account reconciliation’s and general knowledge of accounting principles.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Track record of working independently with little direction.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to creatively problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Basis system navigation skills, People Soft
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain high levels of accuracy for high volume of transactions
- Ability to adjust priorities to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical skills / problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Work Facts of City of Hope
City of Hope WCity of Hopeg Hours
- Accountant – Post Award, Accounts Payable Analyst, Administrative Program Manager, Ambulatory Care Assistant, Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager
City of Hope Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest City of Hope to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply City of Hope Jobs: Official Site.