City Gear Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, City Gear receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at City Gear can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
City Gear is an American company that operates over 130 stores in the central region of the US. City Gear was founded in 1978 under the name Shelmar Retail Partners LLC. It was created in and still operates out of Memphis, Tennessee. City Gear’s current CEO is Mike Longo. The store sells lifestyle clothing and footwear from brands such as: Nike, Jordan, Levi’s, and Grindhouse.
City Gear Job Opportunities & Application Process
City Gear receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in City Gear, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Sales Associate – As a Sales Associate for City Gear, it is imperative that you operate within the parameters as outlined in our mission statement, Cultural Elements, and Associate Handbook. You will be responsible for providing the “best in class” shopping experience by utilizing all the tools provided by the company.
- Ensure the customer receives the utmost shopping experience by providing a guest friendly environment, greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, and demonstrating solid product knowledge as it relates to promoting/building the company’s brand.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures at all times to safeguard the company’s assets and to maintain the safety of all personnel/customers/guests.
- Assist with sales floor and stock room organization, which includes maintaining displays and participating in store recovery to ensure adequately replenishing of merchandise and timely execution of price markups/downs for effective inventory management.
- Enhance the customer’s shopping experience by offering suggestions/opinions to guide their purchase decisions/generate sales/aid with retention.
- Process all sales transactions by accurately totaling purchases, issuing appropriate discounts/store credits/returns, properly handling of cash, verifying identity for credit card transactions, and completing the sale by following the FAB Five guidelines.
Assistant Manager – City Gear Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the store manager with the management of the entire store which includes but is not limited to leading a dynamic customer service oriented team, creating a best in class shopping experience for all City Gear customers, achieving store sales and marketing goals and compliance on all store operational procedures, including payroll and inventory control. You must operate within and enforce City Gear’s Mission and Cultural Elements. The ultimate goal of the Assistant Manager is to be promotable.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, disciplining and separation of associates when required.
- Assist in training, coaching and development of staff in customer service and overall sales results.
- Aide in fostering a cohesive, team-oriented environment.
- Identify training needs of individual associates and work with manager to address.
- Assist I training staff on operational excellence and maintain an organized and orderly work environment.
- Manage payroll through effective scheduling for the needs of the business, and to deter theft.
- Cultivate open and constant communication with entire staff through the use of company tools.
- Consistently execute company merchandise directives including ad sets and promotional changes.
- Train staff to merchandise and incorporate new receipts into current floor-set.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly store.
City Gear Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest City Gear to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of City Gear
City Gear Working Hours
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Open Positions: Assistant Manager, Sales Associate
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply City Gear Jobs: Official Site.