Chevrolet Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Chevrolet receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Chevrolet can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Chevrolet was founded in Detroit, by racer Louis Chevrolet and General Motors founder William C. “Billy” Durant in November 1911, and soon earned a reputation for performance, durability and value.
Chevrolet’s early adoption of landmark technologies fundamentally changed the way the world looked at cars. From the very start, the focus was on delivering high end technology and features for its lineup of affordable cars and trucks. The first Chevrolet — the Series C Classic Six — came with electric starters and electric headlamps, a rarity even in luxury cars. In the decades that followed, innovations such as safety glass, fuel injection, anti-lock brakes and electronic stability control systems were featured on Chevrolet models.
Affordable performance is a hallmark of Chevrolet. The early four- and six-cylinder engines were known for durability and performance, but it was the introduction of Chevrolet’s small-block V-8 in 1955 that ushered in an era of high-performance vehicles. For the next 50 years, it powered millions of cars and trucks. This legacy is still visible in the new generation small-block V-8s used in trucks and SUVs, as well as performance cars including the Camaro SS and Corvette today.
Chevrolet Job Opportunities & Application Process
Chevrolet receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Chevrolet, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Responsibilities include but notlimited to:
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley, Fanuc or Similar).
- Equipment build/run-off and buyoff.
- Design,construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts.
- Manage deliveries to program timing milestones.
- Existing program/site support (troubleshooting, etc.)
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all customers/plants.
- Design and troubleshooting of electrical controls systems.
- Work in multiple shifts as required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience as a controls/robotics engineer.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, process requirements involved in the manufacturing process.
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming, Ethernet and/or Device Net networks.
- Knowledge of servo motors, motion control and drives.
- Experience in Fanuc, Allen Bradley or similar robotics setup and programming.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to design and trouble shoot electrical controls systems.
- Must be able to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage challenging projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Prior manufacturing / production controls and/or robotics assignments with successful individual achievements.
- Ability to use computer, interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and learn new systems.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor work.
- General knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics is a plus.
- Prior work experience as a controls engineer in the automotive field.
- Knowledge of GM’s common global controls architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (EE preferred)
Work Facts of Chevrolet
Chevrolet Working Hours
- Monday and Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm;
- Tuesday-Wednesday and Friday: 9:00am-6:00pm;
- Saturday: 9:00am-5:00pm;
- Closed Sunday
- Sales Associate, Car Detailer, Office Manager, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Process and Technical Support Associate, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Inspector, Inspection Supervisor, Collision Estimator, Service Technician, Sales Consultant, Supervisor in Training, Inventory Control Specialist, Group Leader
Chevrolet Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Chevrolet to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Chevrolet Jobs: Official Site