Cabela’s Online Application & Career
Cabela’s works with more than 14,000 employees who usually work on customer service, cashier and stock job duties. Company is generally specialized in outdoor and camping equipment, gaming and athletics. Since customers usually need information about products, applicants must have detailed knowledge about merchandise and good memorizing skills.
Its direct marketing operation is one of the largest in the United States. Cabela’s mail-order catalogs are shipped to 50 states and 120 countries. More than 120 million catalogs were mailed in its first year as a public company. It also has “Trophy Properties LLC” (a real estate market), the “Gun Library” (for buying and selling new, used, and collectible firearms), and World’s Foremost Bank (the issuer of Cabela’s Club Visa credit cards).
Cabela’s Job Opportunities & Application Process
Cabela’s receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Cabela’s, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Retail Cashier – Retail cashiers work part time and they operate basic stock tasks and customer service needs by greeting, engaging and communicating with customers. Also ringing up purchases, explaining products and services, cleaning work area, emptying trash, stocking shelves and handling unwanted or returned items are daily duties of retail cashiers. Company looks for applicants with basic computer and math skills. Retail cashiers earn about 9 dollars an hour.
Outfitter/ Retail Specialist – Company hires individuals who have excellent and specialized knowledge about products, gaming, athletics and outdoors equipment in order to boast customer service. The areas that company looks for are hunting, fishing, camping, rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, rowing and travel. Managers hire individuals who have backgrounds in specialized areas, some departments may ask for 8 to 10 years of experience. Applicants must have availability especially for the weekends to get the job. Extrovert and engaging characters have better chances during employment process. Outfitters begin with 9 to 10 dollars an hour but due to experience and work performance payment may increase up to 12 to 13 dollars an hour.
Fishing / Marine Sales Outfitters –
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide legendary customer service every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying and evaluating customers’ needs, and making product recommendations based off of this analysis, by providing a legendary customer experience for every customer and promoting Cabela’s programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, Kiosk, VOC and In-Store Pick-up.
- Assure visual presentation standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to restock, remerchandising, dusting, and vacuuming sales floor as needed.
- Respond and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- Assist in other areas of the store when business needs dictates, which may include, but not limited to: hunting, fishing, camping, footwear, clothing, gifts, archery, marine, backend, cashier, and deli or bargain cave.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years Experience
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid sales experience and at least one year of related field experience.
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off shelving.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Shooting Team Lead
Under the supervision of the Group Sales Manager, the Team Lead gives daily direction to the associates in one of the departments within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking and customer service activities.
1) Supports GSM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals
2) Provide daily direction to the associates within the Department
3) Prepare To-do / Task lists
4) Execute all Merchandising directives… i.e. “Top 25 list”, “Extreme Savings” items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office.
5) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
6) Assist the GSM and Human Resources Manager to staff the Department with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
7) Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM and HR Manager
8) Assists the GSM / DM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items
9) Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
10) Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Work Facts of Cabela’s
Age Requirement: At least 18 years old
Cabela’s Working Hours: Monday to Saturday 8:00 – 21:00 Sunday 10:00 – 20:00
Open Positions: Asset Protection Specialist, Assistant Manager, Bargain Cave Associate, Boat Service Associate, Category Specialist, Club Associate, Customer Care Supervisor, Firearm Inspector, Inventory Merchandise Associate, Lead Customer Service, Retail Admin Assistant, Retail Associate, Retail Customer Service Manager, Retail Footwear Associate, Retail Lead Associate – Archery, Retail Lead Associate – Clothing, Retail Lead Associate – Footwear, Retail Lead Associate – Hunting, Retail Lead Associate – Receiving, Store Manager, Warehouse Receiving Associate.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Cabela’s Jobs: Official Site