BP Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, BP receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at BP can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Working at BP
Projects to challenge you. People to inspire you. Training to develop you. BP offers everything you need for a rewarding career.
As one of the most successful energy companies in the world, with operations in over 80 countries, we are ideally placed to meet the broadest range of career aspirations.
For a start, our extraordinarily complex business depends upon continuous innovation. This means you can expect to work on some of the most technically and commercially challenging projects within the energy sector. Take, for instance, the way we’re using the latest technology to manage risk and enhance our safety levels – our new wireless probes provide state-of-the-art corrosion monitoring and management in all our refineries. Or, there’s our advanced biofuels business, which converts sustainable feedstock to energy.
You’ll enjoy a culture of collaboration and respect. Working across teams, functions, countries and even continents, you’ll enjoy access to some of the most talented people in their fields. Equally, you’ll be valued for your skills and expertise. Collective success is rewarded and diversity is highly valued. So we’ll welcome your ideas and opinions, trust you to do your job and treat you with genuine respect and consideration.
We recognise that you have a life outside work. We have a variety of flexible working arrangements such as part-time and flexible hours that may be available. We also support family-friendly policies (such as career breaks and adoption leave) so people can contribute to their families without compromising their professional development.
- Business infrastructure
- Sales and support
BP Job Opportunities & Application Process
BP receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in BP, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
The BP Cherry Point is currently seeking an Instrumentation Engineer (IE) to serve as a member of the Cherry Point Reliability Team that supports the delivery of cost-effective, safe, environmentally sound, and reliable unit operations.
In this role you will utilize leading edge technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of instrumentation and instrument standards to maximize unit availability and performance. The IE will work with other engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel, as well as industry experts, in both project and day-to-day support roles.
The Instrument Engineers function in a variety of roles within the Cherry Point Business Unit and within the Engineering Team including: Technical Support, Trouble-Shooting, Instrument Design, Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Project Engineering, and Special Projects. In this role you will be subject to emergency call out as well as Turnaround work schedules.
- Provides technical support for maintenance activities to unit operations and the instrument shop
- Instrument specification, detailed design, & installation experience with control valves, flow meters, pressure transmitters, temperature indication, and level devices
- Assists in the planning and execution of turnaround instrumentation activities
- Provides technical review for capital projects
- Identifying and managing instrumentation reliability improvement opportunities
- Work within multi-discipline team to identify reliability improvement opportunities
- Identify and support the development, execution, and implementation of projects in support of the Site and
- Business Unit strategic objectivesAssists in upkeep of site technical standards
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Engineering Discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 5 plus years in Instrument Engineering or related experience in a chemical plant, refinery or equivalent environment.
- Experience supporting maintenance, reliability, process or project engineering is essential.
- Engineering skills in troubleshooting/specifying instrument and electrical equipment, and/or SIS equipment, associated with process equipment i.e. pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, compressors, piping.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
This BP location requires access to secure areas regulated by the Maritime Transportation Security Act. All employees must have a valid TWIC card (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) on the FIRST DAY of employment. Information can be found at https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience with refinery process equipment such as heaters, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and process piping
- Experience with DCS, PLC and SIS hardware and software is preferred
- TUV or SIS certification or other certifications
- PLC programming skills
Work Facts of BP
BP WBPg Hours
- Maintenance Technician, Financial Analyst, Real Estate Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, Facilities Maintenance Planner, Counter Clerk, Customer Service Support, Transport Driver, Information and Records Coordinator, Site Scheduler, Wellsite Leader, Inspection Specialist, Instrument Engineer
BP Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest BP to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply BP Jobs: Official Site.