Big Lots Job Application Online
Big Lots wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at Big Lots can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at Big Lots. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a Big Lots job.
Well known retailer in merchandise, Big Lots is located in over 1400 locations spread in over 48 states. Job seekers may get full time and part time vacancies on regular basis. To apply for any job position you have to fill in the job application form online. You can also submit it in person along with your CV. You just have to provide with complete detailed information and meet the Hr manager. You will be contacted by the HR team when selected for interview. It is important to regularly follow up with your application status. It takes over a week’s time to receive a call from the Hr team. Once hired you shall get to enjoy various incentives and insurance coverage for dental and medical along with retirement plans.
Big Lots Job Opportunities & Application Process
Big Lots is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
Cashier – Your main role will be at the cash counter collecting cash payments. It is important that you need to work at fast paced environment. You should be good with calculations. You may have to handle computerized cash counting machines. You need god communication skills and friendly attitude. Your salary may be negotiable for right candidate.
Store Associate – You may have to do a number of tasks at the department’s store. You have to be customer oriented and look into requirements and needs of the customers. You have to maintain stocks at the shelves and replace most products in time. You also have to ensure that store is well maintained. Your salary may vary from 8 to 9 USD an hour.
Management – You have to supervise all other tasks at the departmental store. You may have to interview new recruits. It is also certain that you have to assist other crew members in their tasks. You have to interact with customers and look into their safety. Apart from this you may also be responsible for introducing new promotional offers. As a furniture manager you will be paid around 12 USD for every hour while as assistant manager you will be paid around 35 to 40 thousand USD annually. As the general manager you will be paid over 55 thousand USD annually.
As a Material Handler, you will play a key role in the success of the distribution center through:
Utilizes computer screen, RFterminals, distribution labels or hard copy reports to process merchandise withthe aid of manual and/or powered material handling equipment as directed by DCSupervisor. Receives, stocks, sorts, and distributes merchandise and otherinventory for shipment to the stores.
- Utilizes RF units, scanners, CRTs orhard copy reports to record in an accurate manner the movement of merchandisefrom the time it is received until it is selected and shipped.
- Operates various manual and/or powered material handling equipment to transport pallets of merchandise within the distribution center as directed.
- Moves empty pallets and storage racks as necessary to a specified location and stacks them in a neat and orderly manner.
- Confirms quantities of merchandise and other inventory to verify the accuracy of the order to be processed.
- Verifies distribution labels to ensure coordination with the order to be processed.
- Sorts, separates and labels units of merchandise and inventory to be processed. Places on pallets or conveyor lines as appropriate for distribution to the stores.
- Utilizes CRTs or hard copy reports to process damaged and/ or salvageable merchandise as directed.
- Monitors sort induction lines to ensure accurate scanning of distribution labels and effective processing of merchandise.
- Loads pallets or hand stacks cartons in trailers according to store delivery schedule and door assignments for shipment to the stores.
- Audits, verifies and completes a variety of production paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders.
- Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required. Work is performed under defined and uniformed procedures.
- Exhibits reasonable care and operation of material handling equipment.
- Handles and stacks merchandise in such a way to prevent damage to merchandise and/or prevent unsafe and unstable loads.
- Performs general housekeeping duties within the department and assigned designated areas to ensure a safe and appropriate working environment.
- Maintains the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement while performing daily job duties.
- Good English, reading, writing and math skills required.
- Ability to move a minimum of 60 pounds on a regular basis required. Furniture and Fixtures associates are required to lift a minimum of 60 pounds, with heavy lifting up to 110 pounds.
- Ability to effectively operate RF units, scanners and CRTs, as well as, perform data entry when necessary is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass in-house training program for powered material handling equipment operator’s license, when applicable.
- Must be able to successfully pass physical abilities test for designated area.
- Must have 20/20 vision or corrected 20/20 and depth perception.
- Must not have a fear of heights.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment in a correct and safe fashion required.
- Flexibility to operate all powered material handling equipment to include but not limited to tuggers, sit-down, stand-up and turret side loaders.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all associates within immediate work group, immediate department and the distribution center and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and meet production, safety and accuracy standards required.
- Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within a distribution center environment including walking, bending and lifting is required.
SVP, Finance and Treasurer
Work Facts of Big Lots
Big Lots Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Customer Care Specialist, Cashier, Sales Associate, Stocker, Associate Manager, Furniture Sales Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, District Manager, File Clerk, Material Handler, Maintenance Technician, Loss Prevention Officer, Distribution Center Supervisor, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Director of Operations
Big Lots Printable Application Form
You can download Big Lots printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: Big Lots Application Form
How to Apply Big Lots Jobs: Official Site.