Beacon Communities Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Beacon Communities receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Beacon Communities can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Welcome to Beacon. We create neighborhoods.
Beacon is a privately owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. We also invest in and purchase affordable housing companies and portfolios of multifamily developments. We own and manage approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Our developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing. We take on challenging developments and make them succeed. Our driving passion is to create well-designed, healthy homes that improve the quality of life of our residents and enhance the neighborhoods in which they are located
Beacon Communities Job Opportunities & Application Process
Beacon Communities receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Beacon Communities , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
General Statement of Duties: Performs maintenance duties necessary to maintain the physical condition and
appearance of the property that will enhance the value of the community utilizing company operating and safety
standards. Ensures that service requests and minor repairs are made correctly in a timely manner. Must live no
more than 30 minutes from the property.
Supervision Received: Reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required unless it is temporarily assigned.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the
listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
• Performs various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license
in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, heating/air issues.
• Completes minor repairs and improvements in vacant units for market ready status in a timely manner.
• Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish
carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair. Assists with vinyl floor, cove and
wall base installation.
• Maintains equipment to function properly and comply with all safety standards.
• Monitor and organize inventory.
• Responsible for snow removal during any and all hours determined by the weather and designated by
Supervisors and Managers.
• Assists with trash removal and keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
• Performs emergency on-call service for after-hours maintenance-related issues as required.
• Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
• Assisting in the safeguarding of company equipment, materials, common areas, mechanical rooms, and
• Assists in minimizing energy and utility usage.
• Assists cleaning staff and perform cleaning duties as required.
• Completes special projects as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
• Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated
agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents, vendors, contractors,
inspectors, city officials, and staff.
• Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
• Assists office staff as needed.
• Assists at other Beacon properties as requested by Supervisors or Managers.
• Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
• Participates in and completes training seminars and on-line trainings as requested.
• Create and update/close work orders on both a computer and a tablet.
• Check emails regularly and respond as needed on a timely basis.
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which
demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including building or property
maintenance work experience. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician preferred. Two years property
maintenance experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
Must be computer proficient. Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written. Must possess neat
and orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver’s license. Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing,
electrical, and heating standard practices. Basic knowledge of general carpentry. Ability to handle emergency
and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems.
Physical Capabilities: Must live within 30 minutes of the property. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb
and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at
waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
Work Facts of Beacon Communities
Beacon Communities Working Hours
- Certified Occupancy Specialist/Leasing Consultant, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager, Resident Services Coordinator, Maintenance Technician, Accounts Payable Specialist
Beacon Communities Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Beacon Communities to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Beacon Communities Jobs: Official Site.