American Airlines Job Application Online
American Airlines wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at American Airlines can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at American Airlines. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a American Airlines job.
It is certain that presently American Airlines serves as one of the largest US based airlines. The company provides with air services to over 350 global destinations. Over the period of time it has managed to increase its workforce to over 900,000 vacancies and with its increasing popularity more are added on daily basis. Legal working age limit is 18 years. The Airlines is open seven days a week and 24 hours a day. Being an Airline agent they need regular supply of CSR’s, Baggage handler, Fleet agents, Flight attendant, Pilot and co-pilot, Flight engineer, Maintenance officers and staffs, Technical persons and assistants, Supervisors, Managers, Tower control officers, Facilities and finance managers, Aircraft routing and taxing staff, instructors, leaders etc.
American Airlines Job Opportunities & Application Process
American Airlines is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
Premium Customer Service Representative
The Premium Customer Services Representative is an ambassador of American Airlines, providing superior hospitality, excellent customer service, extensive ticketing and problem resolution for our most valuable customers in all areas covered by the Premium Customer Services organization. Premium Customer Services Representatives provide enhanced, extraordinary services in a positive, enthusiastic, courteous and friendly manner to all customers and guests.
Responsibilities include comprehensive domestic and international ticketing functions, boarding pass issuance, seat assignments, upgrades, day of and future date ticketing, managing guest needs during off-schedule operations (IROPS) including rerouting travel itineraries, providing operational support which may include meeting customers and assisting with connecting flights and boarding, promoting Admirals Club memberships and renewals, thorough knowledge of all club and lounge membership and access policies, proactively mitigating customer service failures and deficiencies, and assisting guests in all areas of Premium Customer Services.
Premium Customer Services Representatives are expected to take ownership, go above and beyond to surprise and delight guests, know where to find answers and offer the right solution to guests at the right time, engage with guests in a caring and personalized manner, utilize opportunities to sell and market all products, services and membership types, remain current on policies and procedures, products, services, features, and marketing promotions, complete required training through all mediums (instructor-led and web-based), help maintain a clean and professional work environment and strive to achieve and support department goals and objectives.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Actively demonstrate extraordinary customer service and customer engagement in an environment of hospitality
- Ability to work under pressure, handle a multitude of projects concurrently while paying close attention to detail and customer service
- Excellent salesmanship skills/interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and public contact
- Service-oriented and self-motivated with a high level of professionalism
- Able to attend training classes in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Prior customer hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior travel industry experience preferred
- PC experience preferred
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
Customer Assistance Representative
The Customer Assistance Representative interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
* Accepting, checking and tagging customers’ baggage at kiosks
* Processing and completing credit card baggage transactions at kiosks
* Assisting customers with self-service kiosk check-in and kiosk baggage processing
* Queuing lines in ticket counter areas
* Accepting and activating customers’ self-tagged baggage
* Performing clearance and verification of documents at kiosks
* Possibly performing additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by management in with the collective bargaining agreement
* Work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Communication Workers of American – International Brotherhood of Teamsters (CWA-IBT) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* High School diploma or GED or international equivalent
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
* Bilingual language skills may be required in some locations
* Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
* Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
* Previous face to face Customer Service experience
* Working in a fast pace environment
Technician/Senior Technician, IT Services
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position will be responsible for assisting employees in all facets of end-user computing, which includes software/hardware installs, upgrades and overall maintenance of PC desktop/laptop systems and peripherals.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Resolves and closes tickets/work orders supporting end-user desktops and peripherals
- Responds to customer support issues escalated from the Helpdesk
- Contributes to desktop projects (global installs/upgrades) as a project team member
- Remotely diagnoses and resolves requests utilizing remote tools
- Troubleshoots and collaborates with other departments to assist with infrastructure related issues
- Documents customer interactions in incident management system including asset management
- Recovers data from hard disk drives and/or perform data migration
- Supports remote access for virtual private network connectivity as well as wireless/broadband connectivity for laptops
- Installs and configures local and network based printers
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Works various shifts, holidays, on-call and travel as required
- Follows management guidance, adhering to IT policy and procedure
- Performs other duties as requested
- Travel, as required
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience/training
- 5 years of demonstrable ‘hands-on’ IT work experience supporting and resolving diverse PC desktop software and hardware issues
- Must have firsthand experience supporting desktop computers in a Windows/TCPIP environment
- Overall knowledge of all Windows based operating systems including Windows 7
- Familiarity with workflow and ticketing systems
- Knowledge of VPN connectivity and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work independently and perform in a collaborative, team based environment
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- A+ certification
- MCSE/MCP is a plus
- Previous IT infrastructure experience in Airline/Airport environment
Customer Service Manager, Airport Customer Experience
This job is a member of the Hubs & Gateways or Stations Team within the Customer Experience Division. This position will be responsible for ensuring a high performing operation by leading, engaging, coaching and developing front-line team members. Also responsible for supporting their teams’ efforts in creating a safe, reliable operation while delivering an elevated customer experience.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Drives operational excellence
- Creates an environment that cares for our frontline team members and celebrates the team successes
- Leads airport team to perform their work in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations including DOT, FAA and other government agencies
- Provides frontline team exceptional support through a variety of mechanisms in order for them to deliver superior customer service
- Coaches and mentors frontline team members in skill development, customer service elevation and company culture behaviors
- Promotes an environment of mutual respect and trust between frontline team members
- Establishes and promotes effective relationships with external and internal customer base that fosters compassion, authenticity, integrity, respect and dignity
- Provides the direction and appropriate support structure using effective resources to enable the team to deliver high performance
- Assesses operational environment and conditions to ensure corporate and local scorecard metrics are fulfilled through collaboration across departments and levels
- Ability to work extra hours when there are operational needs
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Ability to bring out the best performance in the workforce through proactive employee engagement and support for an inclusive working environment
- Ability to actively listen – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Critical thinking ability – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to monitor and assess performance of self, team members and the operation to make improvements or take corrective action
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and preciseness
- Ability to use sound business judgment to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Ability to coordinate station activities and collaborate with multi-functional departments and agencies to ensure essential needs are met for a safe, efficient, on-time operation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Has USPS clearance or the ability to obtain USPS clearance
- USPS has a five-year United States residency requirement
- Previous airport customer service experience
- 2 years experience leading others
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and functional automation applications
Work Facts of American Airlines
American Airlines Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
- Customer Service Agent, Fleet Service Clerk, Baggage Handler, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Dispatcher, Technical Assistant, Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, Supervisor – Supply Services, Tower Manager, Senior Engineer/Facilities Maintenance, Finance Manager, Staff Assistant, Technician – Aircraft Routing, Operational Excellence Leader, Instructor, Maintenance Worker/Engineer
American Airlines Printable Application Form
You can download American Airlines printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply American Airlines Jobs: Official Site.