Albertsons Online Application & Career
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with both a strong local presence and national scale. We strive to make every day a better day for our customers, employees and vendor partners in each store across 35 states and the District of Columbia. We operate under 20 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs, as well as meal kit company Plated based in New York City. Albertsons Companies is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. In 2016 alone, along with the Albertsons Companies Foundation, the company gave nearly $300 million in food and financial support. These efforts helped millions of people in the areas of hunger relief, education, cancer research and treatment, programs for people with disabilities and veterans outreach.
Work Facts of Albertsons Grocery Stores
Age Requirement: At least 16 years old
Albertsons Grocery Stores Working Hours: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Open Positions: Courtesy Booth Clerk, Bakery Sales Clerk, Butcher Block Clerk, Service Deli Clerk, Lobby Clerk, Drug/General Merchandise Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Cashier/Checker, Department Manager, Assistant Store Director, Store Director, Buyer, Accountant, Supervisor, Computer Operator, Inventory Control Coordinator, Human Resource Specialist, Dispatcher, Quality Control Inspector, Warehouse Order Selector, Driver, Maintenance Mechanic, Sanitation Janitor, Warehouse Worker, Truck Shop Service Person
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Albertsons Jobs: Official Site
Career with Albertsons Grocery Stores
Albertsons Grocery Stores is one of the largest supermarket chains in North America and offers managerial and career opportunities which come with lots of job benefits. Managerial positions promise professional development and come with hourly pay or annual payment options. Applicants looking for long term careers and have qualifications that job demands may apply entry level positions too; since the company chooses to promote qualified entry level employees.
Company offers lots of entry level positions with different work settings and responsibilities and has a lot of job opportunities; such as general cashier, courtesy clerk jobs and departmental positions. Albertsons wants its entry level employees to work flexible, part time schedules and generally restricts full-time hours to higher-ranking or long-tenured employees.
Positions and Payments
Most entry level jobs require being at least 16 years old. Other managerial and professional positions may demand other qualifications and different age criteria. Some positions are listed below:
Cashier – New associates mostly work as cashiers. This positions also a great part time opportunity for high school and college students. Cashiers’ main duties are reading the barcode on purchases, explaining sales or special promotions and cleaning the work stations. Also cashiers may fill up or assist other co-workers when needed.
Albertson Grocery Stores do not ask for any related work experience for cashiers. Company wants to hire applicants with open availability, outstanding math skills, outgoing personalities and time management abilities. Employees must stay calm and effective when store is crowded with fussy customers. Cashiers start with minimum wage and hourly payments and may even earn up to 37,000 dollars annually due to performance and experience. Also full time workers get extensive healthcare and benefits.
Courtesy Clerk – Courtesy clerk is another entry level job position at Albertsons Grocery Store. Main responsibility is watching the store by monitoring cashiers, baggers and being sure that everyone remains on task. In addition, employees handle returns and other problems while communicating with customers.
Sometimes employees may count out cash drawers and tills during cashiers’ shift change. In order to do that, applicants need to possess basic math skills. Knowledge about store procedures and policies bring applicants more hiring consideration. This position can be applied in full time and part time options. Mostly courtesy clerks earn 8 to 12 dollars for an hour and company offers paid vacations, direct deposit and discount.
Grocery Clerk – grocery clerk is another entry level position and mostly chosen by high school and college students, part time job seekers and retirees. Applicants do not need to have any experience and must practice health and safety regulations in employee handbooks. Main duties are stocking shelves, bagging groceries, helping customers to carry purchases to vehicles and giving the best customer service. In addition, assisting co-workers when needed, keeping daily inventory, unloading shipments, proper storage and handling of food are other duties of grocery clerks.
As cashiers sometimes grocery clerks communicate with customers to explain company policies, procedures, services, sales and special promotions. Company looks for friendly, punctual applicants with written and verbal communication and great organizational skills. Newly employees get one to two week of training. Grocery clerks start with minimum wage and hourly payments. Payments increase due to experience and job performance. Qualified grocery clerks get medical, dental and vision insurance options, 401(k) retirement plans, employee-assistance programs, paid vacations, sick pay and personal days.
Baker – As a Baker, some of your duties will include following recipes and makeup procedures while preparing and baking items such as artisan breads, pastries, and donuts. You will work with ovens, mixers, slicers and proofers to bake products that meet the highest quality, freshness, and safety standards. You will assist customers by making product recommendations, taking special orders, and by providing customer service. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all food safety and sanitation requirements throughout your daily work. You will assist with cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas, tools, and equipment. In some areas, you may be required to obtain a food handlers certification. More details are available in store. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pharmacy Technician – Looking for dedicated technicians who are friendly, energetic, detail-orientated, and fast and want to work in a cutting-edge environment focused on individualized patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiar with and follow all Safeway best practice pharmacy procedures
- Ensure each patient/customer has a positive experience in our store by demonstrating skills
- consistent with Safeway’s philosophy of providing superior customer service
- Assists Pharmacist in filling prescriptions and updating patient profiles under direct Pharmacist’s supervision, based on the extent allowable by State/Federal law. Retrieves, pours, counts, labels and reconstitutes prescription medications
- Access, input, and retrieve information on pharmacy computer system in order to maintain accurate records and create labels for prescriptions, which includes typing dosage instructions, name of drug, and quantity as required by abbreviated or symbolized information written on physicians’ orders
- Receives refill requests from patients and obtains authorization for refills from physician’s offices
- Prepares third-party insurance claims
- Orders, receives and stocks prescription drugs and supplies
- Counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records for pharmacy
- Performs electronic transactions using a cash register in processing payments for store products, including those for our pharmacy and wellness services
- Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy areas of the store, including restroom, throughout the day
- Follows proper pharmacy and general safety and security procedures and processes
- Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience of at least 1 year as a Pharmacy technician or training
- Must be licensed through the State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician where applicable.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with all patient information
- Demonstrated prior cash register/customer service skills and an ability to interact cohesively with colleagues in a team environment
- Able to type 35 words per minute
- Excellent computer, typing, communication, and arithmetic (including decimals and percentages) skills
- Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications
- Read and transcribe pharmaceutical information
- Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer systems, cash register, and other equipment
- Excellent multi-tasking, accuracy, and attention to detail skills
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights, and holidays, as required
- Must be able to lift and carry items, as well as stand for duration of shift unless on break
Manager – Managers in Albertsons oversee store operations and perform both administrative and supervisory functions. Tracking sales, checking inventory levels, managing promotions, preparing work schedules and keeping the customer service at high level is all main duties of managers. Also hiring, developing and training process of new employees are under manager’s responsibility. Albertson offers managerial job opportunities as department managers and general store managers.
Both managers must have at least high school diplomas but sore managers may need more educational degrees. Applicants should have managing related experience – would be better if experience is related with supermarkets-, leading characters, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Also applicants must have full time work and open availability. Albertsons department managers earn about 60,000 annually. The payment may increase due to work performance and experience. Qualified workers enjoy medical, dental and vision insurance options, 401(k) retirement plans, paid vacations, sick pay, personal day, discounts and performance bonuses.
How to Apply
Applicant need to value customer service. Also, applicants need to possess the demands of positions and should take all the time they need while preparing hiring documents. Grocery stores typically hire individuals showing dedicated attitudes and flexibility in scheduling.