Marathon Online Application
Marathon Oil Corporation is a United States-based oil and natural gas exploration and production company.
By applying Marathon you may join Marathon’s family. At the same time you will be able to look for Marathon job postings and apply to any notices you like.
Open Positions: Gas Station Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Assistant Manager, Gas Station Manager, Accounting Processor, Administrative Assistant, Geophysicist, Human Resources Consultant, Land Professional , Refining Inspector, Reservoir Engineer, Payroll Analyst, Auditor, Benefits Analyst, Clinician, Field Operator, Facilities Engineer, Field Operator, Geologist, Inland Fleeting Inspector, Lease Associate, Measurement Reader, Paralegal, Process Control Engineer, Production Technician, Tax Analyst
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Marathon Jobs: Search Job Openings or visit Official Site
Challenging work can be very rewarding. Our competitive Real Life REWARDS benefits program is meant to enhance and preserve your work/life balance and help you plan and prepare for tomorrow.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive package to recognize your contributions to our current and future success.
- Health coverage – We offer medical, dental, vision and other benefits to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family.
- Flexibility – We allow for flexible work arrangements to provide a better work-life balance. Additionally, some positions can be considered for flexible work schedules.
- Time away – To help you recharge, we offer a minimum of three weeks paid time off.
- Retirement Plan – Enjoy the rewards of a successful career with the Marathon Oil Company Retirement Plan which offers an annual contribution of 7-11 percent in the pension plan.
- Thrift Plan – As an additional way to save for financial security in retirement, our 401(k) savings plan offers a 7 percent Company matching contribution.
- Additional Benefits – Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Program, Adoption Assistance and Education Reimbursement.
Similar programs are offered for our international workforce and may vary by country.
Marathon began as The Ohio Oil Company in 1887. In 1889, it was purchased by John D. Rockefeller’s Standard Oil trust. It remained a part of Standard Oil until the trust was broken in 1911. In 1930, The Ohio bought the Transcontinental Oil Company, giving it the “Marathon” brand name. In 1962, the company changed its name to “Marathon Oil Company” after its main brand name. Mobil wanted to buy the company in 1981. The residents of Findlay, Ohio, the corporation’s home town, worried that the Findlay jobs would be lost so Marathon looked for a white knight. They found one in 1982 when United States Steel bought the company. The headquarters moved to Houston in 1990 but the company maintained downstream operations in Findlay (which are now Marathon Petroleum).